Reg change over

Jay

Fingers crossed. If they want 2 zeds send them my way they can have both the southsiders :lol:

Make sure u have all the paperwork in place the dvla should sort it sooner rather than later it's a much better system now

Mine was completed within a week. They sent me a letter of acknowledgement informing me I could transfer my plate over. I received the log book a couple of weeks later. I initially went into DVLA Nottingham so this must have speeded up the process a little. By post it normally takes 28 days if I remember correctly.

Shouldn't take more than 5 working days if you go into the office

Shouldn't. You're right. But Glaswegian dvla employees are a rare breed :lol:

It used to be instant and then you had to wait for the documents to arrive. They change the tax disc there and then....

Recently I heard they done away with this service in there office and it now takes a few days.

Took my mate 2 weeks for his stuff to changeover from his q7 to his 5 series he just bought. That was done through a dealer and included the time for the documents to arrive. :thumbs:

Shouldn't take more than 5 working days if you go into the office

Shouldn't. You're right. But Glaswegian dvla employees are a rare breed :lol:

It used to be instant and then you had to wait for the documents to arrive. They change the tax disc there and then....

Recently I heard they done away with this service in there office and it now takes a few days.

Took my mate 2 weeks for his stuff to changeover from his q7 to his 5 series he just bought. That was done through a dealer and included the time for the documents to arrive. :thumbs:

When you transfer a plate on retention onto a vehicle then it's instant. When I bought my private plate I got all the documents sorted at the office and they printed off a new MOT certificate and tax disc with the new plate on, the log book was sent via post though. I was in the DVLA car park changing the plates over - boy I was like an excited little child! :lol: They do let you keep your old plates on your car for 2 working days before you have to change it over.

I had to send my old tax disc back to them to prevent fraud, I forgot to send it back though.