Anyone else hit a person in there car ?

Pimm

I am so mad at what happened today :angry::angry:

Driving to work and going along a small high street in a 20mph zone which I do all the time, this bloke was already in the road standing waiting to cross in front of me. I have not even past him as he proceeds to step that bit close to my car as I pass him and his hand hits my passenger door mirror causing it to push in and brake.

I look in my mirror at the guy and no response ie finger sign's ect......

I turn around and get out the car and start asking what on earth was he doing ? He moaned at me for hitting him, cheeky *unt. I asked him for his name or something and he walked off :wacko:

I have to replace the door mirror glass bit along with the insides as the plastic bits are broken inside the housing :rant:

I was going to report this, I do know of the work van that was parked that he got into after but a mate at work think's I could be in the wrong if this went any further. I feel he should pay for damage to my car or am I flogging a dead horse.

As this happened to anyone else ?

Unfortunately I can't say I've heard of something like that happen to anyone I know. But I strongly recommend reporting this to the local police station incase they report it as a hit and run. They have up to 6 months to report this and you could end up losing your license if you can't prove you weren't in the wrong and didn't report it. You will look innocent if you report it and they do go and report it as a hit and run too. Hopefully everything will pan out ok for you mate :thumbs:

Yeah i would report it, not for the purpose of trying to get any money back, but as Hassan said to say that the guy was standing in the street to start with and that he walked away with no obvious injuries.

If he was on a crossing of any type you wouls be completely fooked if he did report it i think.... If he wasn't on a marked crossing you may possibly be ok....

Gutted for a fellow Azure mafiosi member :console:

Yeah i would report it, not for the purpose of trying to get any money back, but as Hassan said to say that the guy was standing in the street to start with and that he walked away with no obvious injuries.

If he was on a crossing of any type you wouls be completely fooked if he did report it i think.... If he wasn't on a marked crossing you may possibly be ok....

Gutted for a fellow Azure mafiosi member :console:

No marked crossing, lights or anything, just a road with double yellows both sides.

My Dad ran an old lady over in his MGB in about 1972. :scare:

Same thing, just appeared from a load of parked cars, nothing could be done to avoid. Obviously my dad went to court over it, but to be fair the court found in favour of my dad, given the circumstances.

After that he was free to sue the old bag for a new bonnet! :p

However, after the PC'ness of the last 30/40 years, this example may be a touch out of date :surrender:

As above, legally, you have to report this. Do it within 24 hours of the accident.

Not only is it a legal requirement, as the others have said, it covers your back too. If the guy could be tracked down then maybe you could sue him after the Police have finished their accident report.

The fact that it was your door mirror that made contact points towards the pedestrian having made the mistake, not you.

This is now being reported :) does make it a little more difficult when working all weekend to get to the station but it is all in hand.

Taken the mirror apart and put it all back together again and it all works fine, just need the glass bit.

Thanks for the advice guy's.