1000 BHP GT-R

captain

51 pages - there goes my day at work :surrender::lol:

Obviously not busy enough to discount it entirely then! :lol:

We're in testing atm so just waiting for defects largely and then releasing the fixes, so I have a bit of time to spare now and again. Up to pg14 from skim reading :lol: One thing I find funny atm is how much Nissan go on about their engines and gearboxes being put together in clean rooms yet Jurgen was just pulling his engine apart in his workshop by the looks of it. Not sure if thats fine or not - I assume it is!

Did he get it sorted after it blew up?

Yeah. Jun have revised the engine and sent him another FOC :thumbs:

well foc = he still needs to fit it and gotten the old one out, seems they no longer recommend running high power (1k) on that block anymore... :surrender: so will the highest VQ be Tony's 1k build I wonder? :thumbs:

Totally immense - I've had the odd glance at that thread over the last year - I always wondered though did he just stick with the normal tyres or have to get special ones made to deal with the crazy torque :lol: It must literally dig holes :teeth:

Are you sure a custom built 4.0 litre JUN engine is the same as in your 370Z? Did I miss a press release........ :lol::lol:

VR38DETT is based on the long running VQ, so its a lot closer than you think. True it has a lot of differences, but the block is just a 3.7l block vs 4.0l block, but very closely related in layout. So it does sound about the same. Obviously at full tilt they will sound pretty different due to the turbos.

Hmm, not much point in a 1000bhp engine that you can't use fully. I guess thats why the Veyron took so long to develop.

Just imagine a Veyron with a custom map :scare:

nuclear-bomb.jpg

I think they just called it the Super Sport? :lol: what was it, 1100bhp or something?

Im sure a couple of thousand BHP can be squeezed quite easily out of the veyron. it is a 8 litre W16 with a turbo on each bank! they could have got 1000bhp out of one of those V8 engines but i'm sure they went for the massive displacement so it was reliable.