Suggestions for family car

yankeesiter

I've narrowed it down to 3:

A Ford Focus ST (possibly too flashy)

A Ford Focus 2.0 TDci

A VW GT TDI 170

I want something that is engaging to drive but that the wife (definitely not a petrolhead) would be comfortable driving in.

Any comments/suggestions much appreciated but I must say I'm not a lover of BMWs. :drive1

I would have suggested an E class estate, I often pinch the old mans if I have something to pick up that won't fit in my cars, such comfy cars and do not feel their size. Plenty of space for a family in there as well and if you go for a 320 CDI they shift yet return great MPG :thumbs:

Has it got to be diesel?

How about something like a VXR Vectra,or even more subtle a GSI vectra. the GSI has 200hp and a 3,2 v6.

Id avoid the Golf too. I had a mk5 GTI for 6 weeks,and it was a good car,did everything well,but i wasnt sad to see it go. It was just a good all rounder.

Im sure you could pick up a 530i or 530d for that sort of money,if thats the size you want,or a 330i/330d if you want something abit smaller,similar sketch with the C and E class,though they tend to be Auto's more than manuals. Youve also got the A4+A5 Audis,they are very good. Just depends what you fancy.

Try driving a range of cars,and see what sort of car suits you best.

Not feeling the Ford or the VW

Audi A3 TDI Sline, if its within budget?

Alfa Giulietta, lot of car for the money?

MB C220 Sport auto (but saloon or Est)?

Just depends on how deep your pockets are, I suppose :shrug:

Thanks for the suggestions to everyone. I should have said there is only the OH and me. I have had a look at the Audi A3 TDI Sline and that looks really good to me so thanks for that. :)