solidworks

evilscorp

Hey guys anyone know where I can get a copy of solidworks for home personal use? Also how much? I used it at uni but didnt get a chance to install the *copy* that was doing its rounds through the engineering dept. Just fancyed a copy so I can make a supercharger bracket. Cheers. :)

i have catia V5 knocking around somewhere.

not sure i should lend it out being that its a £70,000 piece of software.

i used to train people how to use it but that was donkies ago, haven't used it in a long time as it wouldn't run on windows 7 or vista

The student version only lasts 12months and im no longer in education =/ I dont need the full ver with the stress,strain and material properties. Im trying to contact my old uni m8s to see if they have it. Ive only ever used autocad and solidworks which I thought was gr8 for a 3D layout of designs.

Been using SolidWorks at work now since 2001, so fairly good with it! (SWCP level :D ) It's a very good system, I have the full "simulation" (used to be COSMOS) FEA, and the rendering packages.

Depends on how legit you want to be when using it - we pay £3,500 a seat per year. Ooh look at the weather - the rain is TORRENTial out there... ;)

Been using SolidWorks at work now since 2001, so fairly good with it! (SWCP level :D ) It's a very good system, I have the full "simulation" (used to be COSMOS) FEA, and the rendering packages.

Depends on how legit you want to be when using it - we pay £3,500 a seat per year. Ooh look at the weather - the rain is TORRENTial out there... ;)

:lol:

Sketchup would be fine then, do you need a 3D file for CAD-CAM? I haven't used it for that but you can convert models to dwg, 3ds, obj and more so you should be alright. We use it for 3D printing a lot :thumbs:

You can also export 'flat' dwg, dxf, eps, jpg etc etc.

Although, and it's a big 'although', I think the free version has limits on what you can export. Then you might need to go out and check the weather...