Replacement Wipers and advice please

Buckley

Hi all

After the torrential rain we have had and the use of my wipers, I think the time has cone for some replacements as they are smearing the windscreen

Anyone recommend some decent ones to last winter as it's my daily runner?

I've seen some replacement aero ones on eBay that I've been watching for ages (think from someone posting on here) that are £7.99 with £2.49 postage but they sound cheap, although I'm sure they were advised on here as being good (sorry, can't post the link as i'n using my phone and the app doesn't show the link fully to copy)

Also, have I imagined it or read it!? Is there sch a product you can use on the windscreen or i'n the screenwash that you apply to the glass and it beads the rainwater as it hits the car? If so, what is it? If not, I must have dreamt it haha :)

Any other tips or tricks welcome

Cheers

Hi all

Also, have I imagined it or read it!? Is there sch a product you can use on the windscreen or i'n the screenwash that you apply to the glass and it beads the rainwater as it hits the car? If so, what is it? If not, I must have dreamt it haha :)

Any other tips or tricks welcome

Cheers

I've a mate who uses this on his A4 Quatro. IIRC, you need to be doing around 40 mph and then you can turn off the wipers and the water just clears itself with the wind force. I think it was developed for the aviation industry. TBH, I've never seen much use for it on a car. You do actually apply it occasionally directly to the windscreen glass.

Steve

I bought some Bosch Aero wipers and have to say 10/10 :thumbs:

I know they are pricey, something like £26 for front and back, but not that pricey in the grand scheme of things really and perform fantastically well - will probably outlast the cheaper ebay ones as well.

I bought the aero ones from ebay :thumbs: , also use rainx which is ace, as mentioned works best at decent speeds.

Had the wipers on for about a month no complaints so far - infact gotta be the best cheapest mod available! I'm sure others on ere have used them too, you could go for a branded version and pay more than twice as much but I doubt they'l last more than twice as long!

I bought some Bosch Aero wipers and have to say 10/10 :thumbs:

I know they are pricey, something like £26 for front and back, but not that pricey in the grand scheme of things really and perform fantastically well - will probably outlast the cheaper ebay ones as well.

+1 I have fitted Bosch Aero wipers on all my vehicles and cannot reocommend them enough I by them on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-AERO-RE ... 415ded2731 :thumbs:

I've used the Aero style wipers from ebay for a year now and I must say I've been impressed.

Regarding the rain-x etc...it is great for motorway driving, and I do use it as most of my driving is national speed limit.

But if you mainly do around town runs its probably not worth it. Also you need to keep on top of it and re-apply it weekly or I've found that as it starts to wear off it starts to leave a misty smear especially when night driving with on-coming headlights.