Space saver.....does not fit!!!!!

seamybaby

from another thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45200&hilit=space+saver

The threaded studs will align in 5 rotational positions but the wheel will only only fit in one position; that on whch the unthreaded stud slides int the appropriate (additional) hole in the wheel. Unless you have a non-standard (incorrect) spacesaver of course

How funny i had a flat tyre today out of nowhere!!no nail in it or nothing, i havent got brembos but my space saver had a hole for that thing you removed in above pic!!i had worse probs than that though my tuner nuts needed 15" socket, Z standard is 17 i think?? went to honda across the road asked for ratchet they said is it a honda?? i replied no but it was made in the same country i sat for 20mins in reception :lol: then got bored and walked into mechanics bit and asked them!!

Didnt the orignal manual say to remove the stud? I'm sure my 53 plate Zed had a small spanner with it. Was a few years ago now, might be losing it :wacko::lol:

handbook says:

"Installing the spare tire

The spare tire is designed for emergency

use. See specific instructions under the

heading “Wheels and tires†in the “8. Maintenance

and do-it-yourself†section.

1. Clean any mud or dirt from the surface

between the wheel and hub.

2. Carefully put the wheel on and tighten the

wheel nuts finger tight. When replacing a

front tire, make sure the hole in the spare tire

wheel is aligned with the pin on the brake

rotor"

The 'pin' (small bolt with metal sleeve) is pretty useless really and can be left off. However the thread it screws into provides a useful means of separating the disc from the hub when they need changing, by winding in a bolt ;)

Fair do's. My memory aint what it used to be. :lol:

The nut is quite useful if you have to pop into a useless dealer as it does stop them putting the rear tyres on the front :surrender: But under normal circumstances, completely useless.