Infiniti G37 - tuning

BuzzLightyear

Hi all,

I'm now looking at doing the "normal" mild tuning stuff to my G37 (sister to the 370Z, if you're not familiar) and Tarmac has offered the Invidia exhaust at a reasonable price and suggested Berk HFCs to go with it. Aside from the extra cost, I am concerned about still passing the emissions test (2010 car) with the HFCs.

Has anyone with a 2010 or 2011 370Z fitted HFCs and had any probs?

I'm also speaking to Abbey about a panel filter and Uprev map as well as exhaust options - they have suggested an HKS, axle-back system and are trying to sort a UK price.

Any comments or suggestions gratefully received, thank you.

Will post updates if anyone's interested???

Buzz

HFC's should be fine for MOT. No one has tested yet as no ones car is old enough to require MOT yet ;)

You should see some nice gains with exhaust, HFCs, filter and remap. I havent done HFC's yet and reckon I've gained about 30WHP from intakes, exhaust and remap :thumbs:

Its worth getting a better exhaust just for the sound alone

This is what yours would sound like.

If your not sure just go for the Zorst and add HFCs at a later date... Notice the 'sucking' noise, that is another part of the sound from the HFCs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeX7h0j2baE

Incidentally, if anyone with a 370z wants the wheels above then give me a shout :D:thumbs:

If your not sure just go for the Zorst and add HFCs at a later date... Notice the 'sucking' noise, that is another part of the sound from the HFCs.

Incidentally, if anyone with a 370z wants the wheels above then give me a shout :D:thumbs:

That "sucking" or shall I call it 'hissing' sound is exactly what I get with my Akrapovic/Berk HFC combo.

Cheers,

Scotty

'trooper' need to learn how to edit movies :lol:

Go for it! :D

(is the nvdia coming with an extension pipe for the G version?, Think I read that the K1 needs to be extended to fit properly) Go HFC's while you're at it, you'l get it down the line either way. (are you doing the work yourself or garage?, might be worth getting quotes in before then)

'trooper' need to learn how to edit movies :lol:

Go for it! :D

(is the nvdia coming with an extension pipe for the G version?, Think I read that the K1 needs to be extended to fit properly) Go HFC's while you're at it, you'l get it down the line either way. (are you doing the work yourself or garage?, might be worth getting quotes in before then)

No bud, its specifically for the G37:

http://www.invidia-usa.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=214

Fitting exhausts and HFCs should be no more than £120 max in my experience :thumbs:

That "sucking" or shall I call it 'hissing' sound is exactly what I get with my Akrapovic/Berk HFC combo.

Cheers,

Scotty

Me too, brilliant, ain't it :thumbs: