The Duelling Dragons shall duel no more!

Cragus

I enjoy a good rollercoaster and while flicking through the news tonight read that the Duelling Dragons (now part of Harry Potter Land, Orlando, Florida) will never run at the same time again! For those of you not familiar with this ride, it is two rollercoasters built intertwined with each other. The carts leave at the same time and provide exciting 'near' misses.

Apparently, one dude lost his eye while on the ride due to a lose article hitting him square in the napper. Bad times!

duelling-dragons--universal-orlando-resort-florida-52321.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... again.html

I went this year and thankfully went on the 'Dueling Dragons' twice - one time for each dragon. It's just a shame that they need to stop them leaving at the same time as that is one thing that is unique about this ride - all because some people can't follow some simple saftey rules. I think Las Vegas and Cancun are calling this year so no rollercoaster drama for me anyway. :lol:

I did both dragons it was great

I hope Deborah and Hilary enjoyed it.... Dirty Boy :lol:

Or was it Duncan and Theo :scare:

Deborah and Hilary :scare:

Duncan and Theo :scare::scare:

:lol::lol:

Dave you have a one track mind!

I love a good coaster. only been to the states once and that was a BUSY shark fishing holiday.

The roller coasters the have there look awesome!

I will have to make it my mission next year to try some new ones out. I've been to Alton towers a few too many times now. might make it my mission to get down to thorpe park next year

No way!

I went on this during the opening week of Harry Potter Land and it was ace. The whole point is the near miss aspect!! it wont have the same effect without this!

Also they should be ensuring the loose items are left off this and any ride! DR Doom was still my fav though!