What about these?

yankeesiter

I've decided that I probably do really need a car with an extra 2 seats but would also like one that looks unique / nice and performs reasonably well and doesn't cost a fortune ie. <£15k.

The two I'm looking at are:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

or this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3216165.htm

Any thoughts welcome

I had some woman in a CLK pull straight out in front of me on my motorbike once. I had a very close look at the driver side rear of her car as I flew over the top of it superman style. My bike was virtually written off, but the only damage to her CLK was a small pencil line scratch about 4 inches long above the rear wheel!

The Mercedes 320CDI engine is superb.

Paddles????? Pfffffft. Full auto all the time! :) I once tried to drive my Dads S Class (2009 or 2010 320CDI) with the paddles and it was rubbish. There is so much torque and it's so smooth it was better in full Auto.

I'd go for a CLK500 or a 55AMG if you want petrol but the diesel will do everything you want it to.

I love the G35. At half the price I'd buy it to be honest. Stick the rest in the bank for the next car. :)

My mums husband had a CLK 320 (similar year),and the build quality on it was poor to say the least. The power adjustment for the steering wheel broke,and was going to cost £2k to replace,and compared to my mums mk1 SLK,the touch and feel of everything was noticeably a step down. As said,if you can live with the petrol over the diesel,then get the G35.