How do they do that......

Railgun

Yup. I dont think the bits that are used are that expensive really but putting it togther (and well!) takes time.

Yeah, it did look quite time consuming, and quite skilled. Amazing something that is effectively just cloth and resin can be so desirable, and strong!

My other half makes some carbon fiber pieces. It's the process of creating the moulds that takes the most time.. Not to say the fiber layering/vaneering wet dry sanding ya-de-ya isn't also f-cking time consuming.

She made her self a pair of CF Kevlar weave earrings which were rather cool...

It is very time consuming yes,it takes about a month or so just to laminate a chassis,then it has to be bonded together and machined several times before stuff like ducts,brackets etc get bonded on. We are going to start machining our chassis pattern in the next week,then all the moulds need making from that,before even the chassis can be started.

My other half makes some carbon fiber pieces. It's the process of creating the moulds that takes the most time.. Not to say the fiber layering/vaneering wet dry sanding ya-de-ya isn't also f-cking time consuming.

Should come in quite handy if someone takes a potshot at her ears :lol::tumbleweed:

Should come in quite handy if someone takes a potshot at her eats :lol::tumbleweed:

Reminds me of a family guy quote..

Adam West. "Shoot me if you will: But beware, I have a tiny bullet sized shield somewhere on my body. And if you shoot me, and hit the shield, I'll live. You'll be the laughing stock of me."

Heh.

she up for making me a front splitter?? :lol: