Suspension overhaul

Mega

So my ARB drop links are worn and one of my shocks is leaking / badly tired out.

I was thinking about springs/shocks/bushes and ARB drop link replacement.

Or is there a coilover set I could go the route of instead (obviously I'd still do the ARB links)

I'm very new to how the susp is set up on a zed. But driving hard this weekend just gone it was painfully obvious that the susp needs resolving asap.

Can you recommend any setups? I am after improvement from bone stock but the primary concern is cost. If stock is the best £ for performance route I can go, I'll stick stock. But if for a small amount extra there's a good, tried tested setup I could run for: Let me have it :) :)

cheers folks!

So my ARB drop links are worn and one of my shocks is leaking / badly tired out.

I was thinking about springs/shocks/bushes and ARB drop link replacement.

Or is there a coilover set I could go the route of instead (obviously I'd still do the ARB links)

I'm very new to how the susp is set up on a zed. But driving hard this weekend just gone it was painfully obvious that the susp needs resolving asap.

Can you recommend any setups? I am after improvement from bone stock but the primary concern is cost. If stock is the best £ for performance route I can go, I'll stick stock. But if for a small amount extra there's a good, tried tested setup I could run for: Let me have it :) :)

cheers folks!

We use a tweaked (Spring rates) BC damper set up with our own heavy duty roll bar links with very good results.

Dont lower the car to much otherwise your need front/rear camber arms to get the angles back in spec.

We fit remote adjusters to the rear dampers to allow easy adjustment to the rear dampers , when run on the softest setting's it is more comfortable than a stock car and with the dampers wound up it makes the car good fun.

We also advise to change the front compression arms rear bushes to Super Pro bushes , this makes the car feel a lot better on the brakes.

PM or email me for a price;

We also advise to change the front compression arms rear bushes to Super Pro bushes , this makes the car feel a lot better on the brakes.

How do the Super Pro's feel with regards to ride? Is there much of a trade-off? I'm thinking of upgrading my transverse link bushes......

I don't feel the car needs lowering so would ideally get similar height from spring/shock setup as before.. Rather than have to get the adjustable arms fitted.

Mark: I feel this might be another job to throw your way, perhaps at the same time as the previous work we've discussed. The wallet says that will be late next month at the mo though, assuming things last until then.

Alex: I might well take some bits and pieces off you. Will see how this thread develops and try to make some decisions :)

I don't know ANYTHING about suspension. I just know I need shocks and ARB drop links :) So I will try and ingest all the (very useful) information you chaps throw my way and then make a decision.

Dave

Dave,

New Nissan OEM upgraded links in stock.

PowerGrid adjustable links in stock.

Low mileage preowned rear shocks in stock.

Low mileage preowned rear springs in stock.

All good to go same/next day.

Drop me a PM Dave if I can help you further mate :thumbs:

Alex. :)

I had BC Coilovers fitted (by Abbey, as it happens!) and they were able to fit with extenders on the coilovers and so we only dropped the car about 15mm.

This has a couple of advantages - a) you can still drive on UK roads (othewise known as pitted cart tracks :wacko: ) and B) you keep the wheel camber within the range of the existing link arms.

Of course, it also means you're not getting into the full track setup range, but I opted for this as my girl spends most of her life on roads with only the occasional excursion on to tracks.

There are obviously other coilovers available, (and BC do a more advanced range than the ones I selected) but I thought BC were competitvely priced - and they had good reviews on several other forums and owners club posts.

As an aside - I really like the feel of her now (she's just a bit firmer than OEM stock for my daily driving (and I can firm it up more for those 'vigorous' runs)) but it is also very nice to soften the suspension if you're just taking the gf out for a jolly - it's a really quick adjustment to get her handing and feeling how you want her. (The car, I mean, not the gf ! :headhurt: )