Washer Jet Motors (again)

ug45cwb

Hi all, my washer jet motor seems to have given up again. I only replaced this about a year ago. I think what happens is the no return valve gets blocked (which I have replaced 4 or 5 times) then the motor burns out trying to force water into the blocked tube. Has anyone else experienced this?

Chris

When I use the windscreen washers - no noise, no water, no nothing apart from wipers moving so assumed motor had gone. However, the back one is working - do they run off the same motor?

Exactly the same issue with mine, so would like to know as well before i replace stuff that isn't broken.

DB

Do not even get me started about these 8loody motor's :bang::bang::bang:

I love everything about the 350z, even when it rains and dribbles in when the drivers window is down :lol: not a problem but this is the only big pain in the arse thing I cannot resolve :bang::bang: .

I have replaced the front motor twice and the rear once and again mine have stopped working 6 month's ago due to not being used enough :scare: how rubbish is this.

I am a expert at changing the pumps and can do it in 5 minutes :lol::lol:

agreed i think the non return valve gets stuck so the pump can't pump and burns out, i've now removed the valve and they work so much better without it :)

just used a 2" piece of copper brake pipe to join the pipes together.

for the front jets it's under the brake fluid cover, remove that and u should see a small white valve it's just under the plastic near the windscreen :)

no idea where the back one is tho :blush:

**edit** :doh: didn't read properly, you need the rear location :blush:

Got mine sorted now. They aren't that hard to change, don't know how you could do it without taking the wheel off though.

Easy, with the wheel on the plastic liner/cover bends behind the wheel enabling you to get to the pumps, yes a little tight but can be done :thumbs:

:lol: Anyone?

for the front jets it's under the brake fluid cover, remove that and u should see a small white valve it's just under the plastic near the windscreen :)

no idea where the back one is tho :blush:

**edit** :doh: didn't read properly, you need the rear location :blush:

• 5 months later...

agreed i think the non return valve gets stuck so the pump can't pump and burns out, i've now removed the valve and they work so much better without it :)

just used a 2" piece of copper brake pipe to join the pipes together.

Had the same sort of issue as the washers where becoming rather poor.I removed the non return valve ,drilled through it and refitted.Works a treat now :lol: