Cookbot Autofold Mirror Module - Interest list

Grantmitchell

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitted mine today.

Thanks to the easy to follow guide, it tooK about an hour to take the door off and fit the new circuit.

However, it did take me (read the wife) about another hour to get the switch to work 100% without slipping.

2 hours, 2 fuses, and lots of help from the wife ( patience is her forte) and we were done. Works a treat, and is a nice touch to the car. Thank you :)

51c53565.jpg

Fitted mine today.

Thanks to the easy to follow guide, it tooK about an hour to take the door off and fit the new circuit.

However, it did take me (read the wife) about another hour to get the switch to work 100% without slipping.

2 hours, 2 fuses, and lots of help from the wife ( patience is her forte) and we were done. Works a treat, and is a nice touch to the car. Thank you :)

51c53565.jpg

Hope you treated her to a new pair of jeans as thanks for her help[RIP ON LEG]or is that fashion?

The switch is playing up today :(

I can see the reason. When I lock/unlock the car using the key fob, the actual lock doesn't move as far as pressing the button on the door (which is how I tested when fitting).

So next weekend I'll try to re-position the switch and try again using the key fob.

Hope you treated her to a new pair of jeans as thanks for her help[RIP ON LEG]or is that fashion?

At her age, it's definitely fashion ;) although tbf, they are her 'DIY' pair.

Fitted mine on Saturday. Really, REALLY happy with it B) Instructions were great.

Took a bit longer than it should have cause I didn't have anything to fix the microswitch with :doh: and so tried to go down the screw route with not a lot of luck cause I a) couldn't initially find any to fit and B) when I finally did I couldn't get the b*astards to take (maybe having another person around might help there although it could just be me being cr*p).

So I gave in and went to B&Q and got a no more nails roll and attached the microswitch in all of about 5 secs :lol:

Worked faultlessly since then :#1:

Goods received, just need my electrician (Glrnet ;) ) to fit them for me :thumbs:

Oi back of the queue matey :boxing:

He has got to refit the ones he fitted for me first :p

Although after my electrical prowess of late I may try it myself :headhurt:

That sounds like he cocked them up, he didn't I just had a new door fitted!

Dear Mr Cookbot, cookie, one was wondering if one might have one more of ones mirror folder cct for one to buy from one so one can fit it to ones car. If one has one and one could let one know, one would be eternally grateful.

Dicky :thumbs:

Dear Mr Cookbot, cookie, one was wondering if one might have one more of ones mirror folder cct for one to buy from one so one can fit it to ones car. If one has one and one could let one know, one would be eternally grateful.

Dicky :thumbs:

I think he might have ONE :lol:

Dave, I'm sure Graham can be trusted, he has a second mod for me too ;)

• 2 months later...

After reading this thread....I've got a horrible feeling that I may be too late.

Cookbot...is there any chance left for one more?!

Also...I am a complete muppet when it comes to installing stuff....anything I try and do looks like a botch job...because well...it is a botch job.

Would you actually do the whole install if I was to come to you? Obviously would be happy to discuss price.

I wouldn't trust myself unless all I had to do was tighten a screw!

Cheers mate

• 3 months later...

Have a look at the copper tracks on the bottom of the board.

Mine has a broken track and had to be soldered up before Cookie replaced it with a new one.

Might be under the sticky pad which is where mine went.

Otherwise :shrug::shrug: