cheapest insurance company for young drivers?

se350z

i was paying 1400 (third party), for my z, im only 21, now they cancelled my policy so i need a new insurance.

whats your insurance company? how old are you and how much you paying :)

thanks.

Admiral seemed by far the cheapest for me, got it down to £910 comprehensive with plenty of mods. 24, 3 yrs NCD.

Im 26 with sky, paying a lot less than 1400 for fully comp. Any particular reason why they have cancelled your insurance as i dont think new insurance companies will like that or did it just expire? Do you have any years No claims?

basically i got two properties, one in north London and other one is in Wales so i tried both of these addresses, also i was playing around with the employment type and profession. i received a call from them and they asked me why i used 2 different addresses and job specification and then they cancelled it...

:scare: you have to be honest with these insurance guys, otherwise its only going to backfire one way or another. What company was that? There are ways to save money, like adding a female named driver to the policy, i do this with mine by adding my girlfriend and it always knocks off at least £150-£200 at best. Shop around so you have something to negotiate with, they want your money at the end of the day. Elephant or admiral could help you out, but you generally have to pay it all upfront to make it cheaper.

:scare: you have to be honest with these insurance guys, otherwise its only going to backfire one way or another. What company was that? There are ways to save money, like adding a female named driver to the policy, i do this with mine by adding my girlfriend and it always knocks off at least £150-£200 at best. Shop around so you have something to negotiate with, they want your money at the end of the day. Elephant or admiral could help you out, but you generally have to pay it all upfront to make it cheaper.

yea you're right, it was adrian flux....

I'm 21 with admiral with two mods, I'm paying 967 that's with 3 years no claims fully comp. Mods are just a spoiler and a kinitex intake manifold. Only had to pay a admin fee to correct the policy.

im 21, going to be 22 in 8 days, got 4 year claim bonus, and they want £2000 from me

What make this potentially difficult for you, is that you now have to declare to another insurance company that you have had either,

A, insurance cancelled, or B, insurance declined.

I hope that you find an understanding insurance company that is sympathetic as to why you had your insurance cancelled.

I only used to pay £295 fully comp for mine, but then again i am twice your age...... :lol::lol::lol:

Bell will be your cheapest. (Same company as Admiral.) You can add upto 3 named drivers, (do this it will drop the price, put parents / family friends on.) I have seached every year from when i was 22 to now being 25. Always cheapest 22-£900 ish down to 25-£650ish always fully comp. Note they try and charge you more each year so you need to go online to get a new quote to get the best price, (do this by changing your DOB by a day or two as website is for new customers only.)

Bell will be your cheapest. (Same company as Admiral.) You can add upto 3 named drivers, (do this it will drop the price, put parents / family friends on.) I have seached every year from when i was 22 to now being 25. Always cheapest 22-£900 ish down to 25-£650ish always fully comp. Note they try and charge you more each year so you need to go online to get a new quote to get the best price, (do this by changing your DOB by a day or two as website is for new customers only.)

Or you could pay a little more to avoid commiting insurance fraud ;)

Or you could pay a little more to avoid commiting insurance fraud ;)

I think he just meant to get the quote as a new customer you'd have to change your DOB on the comparison site to get 'clean' quotes and then phone the insurer directly. Or at least i hope that's what was meant because insurers need far less reason than that to void a policy.

DB

Yea thats what im doing at the moment but still high :(

How high are we talking?

between 2700-6000

christ !! :blackeye:

give up and leave it a year or so

with age comes cheaper insurance (or so they used to say)

yh but i got my dream car and not matter what im going to drive it, i was working like a animal to get this car, its not going to sit outside my house for a year or so :)

When I was 21 I remember paying £1100 to insure a Golf GTI 16v, nearly crippled me at uni.

Hind sight is 20/20, but have a serious think about spending that sort of money on insurance. It's dead money, you'll never see it again or have anything tangible to show for it unless you have a smack.

I would never pay more than £1000 for insurance.

Except the one year Directline screwed me over by telling me I was OK to buy A JDM GT-Four (Celica variety) at 23 then when I bought it telling me they wouldn't insure me on a JDM under 25 . . . .. :thumbdown:

In the end I had to pay £1200.

I wish you all the best in getting a reasonible quote now though, the insurance cancellation will push it up even higher!

I was very lucky this year and managed to get a good quote through Adrian Flux in the end.