cheapest insurance company for young drivers?

se350z

I just turned 24, bought the Z when i was 22 and have been paying around £600 a year, fully comp with elephant, not sure how its so cheap, ive called them a couple of times to confirm it, i have my mods declared also. All seems to be fine. Well worth trying them but do an online quote otherwise they will charge you a fortune over the phone. Strange though as the likes of Sky and Chris knott wouldn't touch me until i was at least 25... and even then would be well over the 600 mark as i had a write off when i was 17...

Good luck mate :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

The DOB change is the only way to get the actual online quote. If you put your actual DOB they recognise your details as a "returning customer" and will not give you a new quote as you already have a policy with them, they give you a phone number to call. When you know the price you then phone them and say "make my quote match the online price or i will cancel and take out a new policy at that price."

Not insurance fraud.. Just not explained fully.