Analogue TV signal to Digital signal....

Sarnie

I have a TV in my dining room that ran off an Analogue aerial. With the switch over to Digital, this TV has now gone bye bye.

So the question is; What can I do about it?

Can I just buy a digital freeview box and get digital signal that way?

If so do I need anything else?

I have an old sky digital box, can this be used or is it scrap?

Ta

:)

Most of the time just getting a freeview box connected to your existing ariel will work, if not then you will need a new digital ariel. I assume you are on the Sutton Coldfield transmitter? If so then i should imagine a cheap freeview box will work fine, thats a powerful transmitter and you are quite close to it. ;)

An old digital skybox connected up to a sky dish will open the basic fta channels, but it will not work with a ariel for freeview. :)

Oh and another thing you have had approx 10 years or more of warnings to get ready for the digital switch over! :lol:

I suppose I never thought it would actually happen :lol:

The TV is only really used for Louie to watch Cbeebies whilst he's eating his dinner so a cheapo digital freeview box will do :thumbs:

People still use analogue? Don't think we've had analogue in Wales for over a year now!

Hampshire is about the last of them to be cut over - we're not swapped over until May 2012 I think. We have a digital signal but they dont power it up to full strength and as such signal is poor atm. Using freesat to get around it though :thumbs: