Twin turbo on a 350z

Chris-Baller

I am going to be getting a 350 as soon as my Civic sells, (EK4 VTi-S with ££££'s of mods if anyone knows anyone looking ;) ) and I am getting on the basis that i am going to keep it as a long term project, the main objective to TT it

On the Civic based forum I am with currently, there is a trader that offers a turbo conversion for the B-series civic, drive-in-drive-out, all parts provided, (turbo parts, ECU, etc etc). As i'm yet to get a 350 im new to the forum, so not really sure, is there anyone on here that offers the same? provide and fit, map and install etc, if there is could you please provide me with some basic info on parts used, costs etc?

Thanks, any help/advice will be appreciated :)

you'll be looking at about £10k for something like that mate.

I was looking at TTing initially as well, and my (pretty extensive) research told me that £10k is a fairly optimistic budget for TT. To do the job what i would call 'properly' it was getting closer to £20k, so i've changed my long term plans to a vortech instead, because that definitely can be done for £10k, and done well.

To be pretty simplistic about it, and only in my opinion, TT setups are only worth the cash if you're going for over 400rwhp. any less than this and you'll get the power more reliably and cheaper with a S/C kit instead. Above 400rwhp you're looking at forging the bottom end and you're never getting a forged TT setup for £10k, just not possible as far as i can see. So you may be able to just squeeze a TT setup on it's own into that 10K budget if you're lucky, but you won't be able to reach the potential of the kit without popping your engine, so why spend the extra cash on untapped potential?

again, just my $0.2

DB

I'd agree with Danny. I was thinking of going TT, but to do it justice I'd like to see at least 600bhp - which is expensive to do properly with reliable results.

Value for money super charging is the way to go, but you'll be limited to around the 400bhp mark.

Another option I'm considering is fitting a V8. An LS7 will do 600bhp with a cam and a map and will be cheaper than a proper TT build...

The stuff forged engine, tt kit installed and tuned can be done for sub 10 but you need to buy support ing mods that will bring you over that's thats my own experience.

And didnt you do it all yourself? This guy wants a garage to do all the work so probably looking at another £3k labour?

Another option I'm considering is fitting a V8. An LS7 will do 600bhp with a cam and a map and will be cheaper than a proper TT build...

Just the thought of that makes me grin, last I looked LS7 crates were about 10K-12K though, or can you guys source them cheaper?

DB

The stuff forged engine, tt kit installed and tuned can be done for sub 10 but you need to buy support ing mods that will bring you over that's thats my own experience.

And didnt you do it all yourself? This guy wants a garage to do all the work so probably looking at another £3k labour?

Nah didnt fit any of the engine or tt kit's to the car, did most of the supporting mods though. It's doable I'd say just need to find a decent garage to do the work for you, be carefull with a 'to cheap' place though :blush: (can take a while to get stuff done and end up a bit more costly in the end...)

If your aimining for 400whp with standard internals possilbly a vortech etc kit is the way to go. I'd still aim for something else like the bb kit from Canada, currently excange rates are horrible though. Not sure if they're any companies doing a custom single t kit for the Z within europe.

Look at a few project threads on here and on the us sites. the ls1/2 conversions look fairly decent as there is kits for them. A couple of people on here have put a 2jz in :thumbs:

2jz ftw :#1: .. they cost an arm and a leg for a goodun though

Look at a few project threads on here and on the us sites. the ls1/2 conversions look fairly decent as there is kits for them. A couple of people on here have put a 2jz in :thumbs:

2jz ftw :#1: .. they cost an arm and a leg for a goodun though

They do come with a premium but you got something good for 600-800bhp out the box. Same with the ls1/2 it might cost the same but then there is alot more tuning potential. Twin turbo ls2's can hit 1k bhp pretty easy.

I'm just not sure what these heavy engines would do for the balance of the car.