D1 spec throttle controller help

HassanZ

Mine had a loose connection at the ODBII connector. The wires appeared to be still connected and covered by heatshrink, but the they had snapped underneath... so i pulled them off and resoldered them.

The throttle should still work as you describe now, but also the screen should illuminate when just plugged into the ODBII and not the throttle... how about getting a 12v source from somewhere (8AA batteries, an electric drill etc) and tapping into the power wires... thats where i'd start... :thumbs:

I doubt its my OBDII port as i used that recently and it was perfectly fine. Ive tried too many times for me to definitely know its not tempramental.

Good news is that Narcotix has kindly volunteered to try the throttle controller on his Zed on Saturday. :#1: I will update you on the outcome.

I doubt its my OBDII port as i used that recently and it was perfectly fine. Ive tried too many times for me to definitely know its not tempramental.

Good news is that Narcotix has kindly volunteered to try the throttle controller on his Zed on Saturday. :#1: I will update you on the outcome.

I mean the pins on the TC side... i.e. on the plug that goes into the ODBII. Thats where mine were loose.

WTF?!

Can you :pmzmanalex: and tell him the unit you bought from me doesn't work anymore? If is faulty he will change it for you.

It's very strange as when I removed it from the car it was working perfectly!?!!

Weird hey... :shrug:

As you are the purchaser, I think it's best you speak to Alex directly :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would update this thread and say a big thank you to Woody for kindly offering to help me sort out non-working throttle controller I purchased, although it wasn't his issue and had no reason to help me out at all. I sent it off to him and I received it back very quickly! The OBDII plug wires were disconnected and it required a new plug (I'm guessing this happened when the throttle controller was being removed from the previous car). Woody went out his way and sourced a new OBDII plug for me, soldered it on and tested it on his car to ensure it worked.

All I can say is thank you mate, you're a credit to this forum :#1: Helpful people like you make this world a better place! :#1:

I am now driving around with the throttle controller connected and wow! it is one of the best mods I have carried out so far!!

:lol: Yeah I'll try not to get too 'trigger happy' with it. I only tend to drive the Zed rather calmly anyway as the roads over here are horrendous! It just feels good having that extra 'oomph' when pulling away as normally when taking off, the car feels very unresponsive unless you push the pedal further - It gives it that torquey feel.