D1 spec throttle controller help

HassanZ

I'm currently outside fitting my throttle controller. There is no power going to it when I turn the key. :wacko:

I unplugged the grey plug from above the gas pedal and plugged the throttle grey plug in. I then plugged original removed grey plug into the 6 pin plug on the throttle controller. I then plugged the black box connector into the OBDII port. The controller box has been plugged into the black module box thing.

Anything I've done incorrecly?

Sorry about being very short, I'm typing on my phone.

All help appreciated!

Hassan

the plugs are the wrong way round

Just unclipped plug in throttle, it only goes in one way as.there is a bit that sticks out for the clip. When I pushed it back in it clicked. According to the pic the second connector in right way and tight too. The OBDII is a triangular shape and in tight :wacko:

If you car starts ok and you can rev the car normally then I would say its either a faulty unit or one of your ODB pins are bent/broken.

Did you buy this new?

Car starts fine with this connected and I can rev it normally too whilst connected. This was bought used of a member of this forum (I won't disclose unless the member chooses too :thumbs: ). The OBDII pins are fine as I used it to diagnose a CEL light 3 weeks ago.

I think best bet is to find someone local on here and try it on their car - I am pretty sure no reputable member on here would have knowingly sold you a dud.

Correct, I too believe a member wouldn't do that. I'll put it Down to my error until I try it on a local Zed.