PF01 or DS2500

SteveW

Which Brake Pads?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Brake Pads?

• PF01
    • DS2500

Well its a fairly simple question as I can't make my mind up and have found loads of recommendations for both of these by searching the

brakes forum. So what are people's opinions?

Best prices I can find on the internet are:

PF-01 for £260

DS2500 for £183

I have been using yellowstuffs and think that for the cash they are an excellent pad.

Really good bite from cold and can nearly last a full 10 - 12 minute session on the track, usually start to fade after 7 mins but the torque capability reduces as they get hotter lap by lap so initial bite drops.

I do about 3 - 5 track days a year and a trip to the ring as well as some spirited country lane driving.

My current set up is:

EBC turbogrooves (to be changed for DBA when they die)

EBC yellowstuffs (dead)

HEL lines

Brembo Calipers (OE type)

Thoughts?

Thanks

Steve

I'm running the Ferodos with some slotted discs and the performance is stunning. Only ever had to do one real emergency stop (someone pulling out in front of me when I'm doing somewhere around the speed limit give or take around 20mph). The pads worked pretty well to the point where BOTH of my front calipers failed (the piston spring mechanism) due to the amount of braking force. You're not gonna get any harder stuff than that! :D

Ferodo DS 2500 pads in stock.

Performance Friction pads in stock, (various compounds available depending on intended use)

Performance Friction Rotors in stock

DBA Rotors in stock

HKS braided lines in stock

Motul RBF 600/660 fluids in stock.

Most of this stuff can be found in my sub forum. :thumbs:

viewforum.php?f=157

Please feel free to contact me for prices once you have decided what you want :thumbs:

All in stock and available for immediate shipping. :yahoo:

Alex. :)

PF01, no contest. If you can stretch to it, the PF stuff is absolutely top-notch are is seriously worth the extra cash.

Esp when paired with the disks no need for stop tech upgrades....just fantastic! Seat belt marks and everything ;)

But be prepared for a good bill. Plus the disks and pads will need replacing at the same time as The PF01s and very hard on the disks.

If you're not fussed about brake dust go for the performance friction. I had the Z compound on oem rotars and they were as good if not better than the DBA DS2500 combo. If you put the PF pads with PF rotars I'm sure the stopping power will further improve. I got rid of my pf pads once my oem rotars were shot, and chose the DS2500 pads purely for the sake of less brake dust.

If I was purely into the mode of spirited driving and track days the PF win for me, but as I like to show, I chose the DS2500.

My vote is therefore on the PF pads.

Have you spoken to Alex or CS on pad prices for the Ferodos

Get rid of the EBC discs, terrible

I run Endless on the rear, Fit in the calliper better then DS2500. Dont move around when you reverse.

No not yet but I had a quick look through Alex's sub forum and managed to locate the DS2500's.

Regarding the EBC disks why do you say they are terrible?

I've never had any issues with them, I know some people have in the past saying they warped but I wonder if this was actually DVT and not warping or people not bedding them in correctly and then warping. I've had two sets and never had any issues relating to warpage etc even after some heavy braking on track days. The only issue I experienced was excessive run out due to the disk carrier running out. It ideally needs replacing which I will do when the wheel bearing gives up the ghost next time around.

It seems the Performance Friction pads are getting the biggest thumbs up of the two will see how deep my pockets will go, the PF disks do look Uber cool to be fair.