Maths Help

everj5

Got a maths degree from Oxford and here's my best advice: unless you figure it out yourself, you won't ever understand the issues properly. It's not so much about 'cheating' or anything like that. It's much more about understanding the core concepts and the only way to get there is to work through it yourself. Next time you come across a similar or related question, the right answer will stare you in the face.

Got a maths degree from Oxford and here's my best advice: unless you figure it out yourself, you won't ever understand the issues properly. It's not so much about 'cheating' or anything like that. It's much more about understanding the core concepts and the only way to get there is to work through it yourself. Next time you come across a similar or related question, the right answer will stare you in the face.

I completely agree with that. (Oxford too, nice. :thumbs: )

And to a certain extent it comes down to how it's taught/explained.

I must admit I struggled at A level, but when I got to Uni and did similar/harder things from A level I thought I was going to struggle again.

But the way it was taught in our 1st year maths classes was different and something clicked/made sence and I flew through. Part of me wishing that had happened a year previous! But at least it set me up for the rest of my years studying.

If you do get some help from someone else, hopefully there will be some form of explaniation and something will click for you too so going forward you will be able to get to grips with it.

[

And to a certain extent it comes down to how it's taught/explained.

I must admit I struggled at A level, but when I got to Uni and did similar/harder things from A level I thought I was going to struggle again.

But the way it was taught in our 1st year maths classes was different and something clicked/made sence and I flew through. Part of me wishing that had happened a year previous! But at least it set me up for the rest of my years studying.

If you do get some help from someone else, hopefully there will be some form of explaniation and something will click for you too so going forward you will be able to get to grips with it.

I didn't learn long division until I went to college, the lecturer was great and showed me a different method and I cracked it. It really is like riding a bike.

Get a few private tutored sessions :thumbs:

I struggled at GCSE level but as I got older and had to deal with statistical analysis doing Psychology during 1st & 2nd year at Uni something finally 'clicked' - brain definately works differently as you get older :shrug: