WANTED - 350z

Urbine

Hi there,

Recently got a new job and decided I should get a nice zed to go with it, I'm looking for an 04/05 zed coupe, as low miles as possible, preferably under the 70k mark. As well as this it would have to be either ginger, azure or maybe black.

I would also be considering an 06 reg in azure, ginger or black as well.

Sorry if im being a bit specific, but ive scoured through the classifieds and all I can seem to find is gun metal or silver, either too old or too many miles, or the odd roadster.

Location wont be too much of a problem (excluding Ireland) as I wouldnt mind a long drive in a new zed.

Thank you

My bad, sorry. I would say my budget is around the £7,000 - £8,500, depending on the zed, I'm aware that this would be hugely stretching it for an 06 reg, but I have seen the odd one for just over £8,500.

As for modifications, atleast as far as body kits go, im a man of pretty simple taste, I would prefer it original, but would definately consider a nismo, as for any other modifications, I'm quite the newbie.

No worries. Feel free to post up cars you see for sale for opinions. I like to see someone willing to travel! The members here are good at looking at cars for people located far away to save you a wasted journey. Again, post up for help in that department.

As much as it is tempting to prioritise by colour it can be detrimental to your purchase. I wanted black, nothing else, got one, paid a bit more for it but it meant I didn't get the most 'looked after' Zed and has since needed a few bits done to it.

I did a little analysis of AutoTrader classifieds a few months back - silver is everywhere at the sub £10k level and even more so at around £8k. There are simply so many of them that the price drops for them due to supply.

I think out of something like 100 cars priced 10k or less only 6 or 7 were black.

That said, everyone knows Black is the fastest.

Thanks for the help guys, appriciate it.

@ coldel, I can appriciate what your saying, although I must admit, patience has never been my strongest point. I've just got a bit of a dislike towards greys/silvers, and if I have to wait for the right one, then I'll have to wait, though I must admit, I've been told so countless times by friends and family how ugly the orange zeds are, but I couldnt care less, it definately would be the colour of choice.

That being said,I have been looking at this one:

http://autotrader.co.uk/classified/adve ... ?logcode=p

I've tried getting in contact with the seller (for the above) but the number seems to be wrong, its definately a bit more than I'd like to pay, considering the insurance is going to be costing around the £1,200 mark. Would love some oppinions of these though:

http://pistonheads.com/sales/3129548.htm

Thanks again.

I was incredibly fussy over what I wanted and paid a wee bit more than I probably should had and had to travel from Glasgow to Leeds and back for my Zed. Nothing wrong with being fussy! Good luck, hope you find the right one! B)

Colours Sales in 2006 % of market in 2006 Sales in 2005 % of market in 2005 Sales in 2004 Sales in 2003

Silver 670,984 28.62% 762,000 31% 823,000 836,000

Black 521,808 22.25% 479,000 20% 436,000 383,000

Blue 521,331 22.23% 543,000 22% 585,000 616,000

Grey 308,974 13.18% 272,000 11% 244,000 204,000

Red 191,879 8.18% 171,000 7% 201,000 236,000

Green 32,965 1.41% 60,000 2% 117,000 176,000

figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders

Maybe these figures tell why there are more silver cars for sale. Silver very popular with both Owners and Insurance companies.

I would never settle on a car with a colour I didn't like just because it was 'there' though. Especially not on something like the Zed which is very much a purchase made with the heart first. Using the head only you'll never justify a 2 seat car with a big engine. To me colour is very important, maybe it's girly but it ranks higher in my priority list than other things.

I personally wanted an Azure so I waited and got one. Back when I bought mine you were lucky if there were 10 cars for sale in the UK from one month to the next.

I would never settle on a car with a colour I didn't like just because it was 'there' though. Especially not on something like the Zed which is very much a purchase made with the heart first. Using the head only you'll never justify a 2 seat car with a big engine. To me colour is very important, maybe it's girly but it ranks higher in my priority list than other things.

I personally wanted an Azure so I waited and got one. Back when I bought mine you were lucky if there were 10 cars for sale in the UK from one month to the next.

I didn't mean that you should buy a car which is a colour your don't like, but that you should not purchase a dog car which is a colour you do like just because there are not many of that colour around...patience is key.

I paid £11,000 for my 54 plate 350Z in black with GT pack and rays in May 2010. Also came with parkings sensors and cargo net. It only had 44,000 miles on it but i think I paid slightly over the odds. I amnt even sure how much it would be worth now :yuck:

Low mileage car @ 70K!!! :scare:

You should be looking for one with 35-40k on it if you want low mileage. :thumbs:

My 38K 54 plate UK Ginger ( with lmgt4'S) cost 8'5K last November and prices have tumbled since.

Ok it had 4 previous owners and a service history with independents since its warranty ran out but the previous owner was a merc mechanic who had dealt with every niggle no matter how small.

Took me 4 months to find, just have a bit of patience and be prepared to travel a few hundred miles to see a few.

Don't believe the bloke who says its mint, ask specific questions on the phone, Is the bolster worn on the drivers seat, are there any car park dings, are the tyres new, is there any rust etc...etc....

Above all have patience :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Drive a few ( Even overpriced ones at dealers so you get a feel for what's right, how it should turn and brake. etc)

And have patience.

Oh & by the way.................

have patience :p

eugh, patience, I don't like that word :lol:

I was wondering if you guys could give me your oppinions on these three?

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2831631.htm

http://pistonheads.com/sales/3129548.htm

http://pistonheads.com/sales/3165100.htm

The last black zed has more miles than I'd be totally comfortable with, but it seems the guy has put the effort into advertising it.

Thanks

thats cool - even if you wanna know what an un-molestered low mileage Z should feel like though, do give me a PM! cause there are some real dogs out there which wouldnt be much fun!

with the extra cash you save you could make some decent changes/mods though :thumbs:

right im done with sales talk now!!!! some bargains on ebay these days