Ideal Tyre pressures?

Siders77

I've had a quick search but can't find anything of much use. I'm wondering what sort of pressures I should be running, the roads round here are quite bumpy with a fair few pot holes so I don't really want to go too low!

My tyres are Falken FK452 245/35/20 on the front and 275/30/20 on the rear.

Thanks for any help

Where that "faceplant" smilie?

There are at least 2 place within your car that tell you the recommended tyre pressures to run. Same as with every car.

I ran 34 when I had 19" wheels fitted. Some run more, some less.

the Forum is here to help with questions like yours buddy.. :thumbs:

no faceplant smilie needed :lol:

as you did say in the OP that it was for 20" and the original car instructions clearly would not tell you that.. :p

the pressure will be diff for alot of people, id try a few that other people use and pick the best for your own.. :thumbs:

As the Falkens have fairly soft side walls you might find raising the pressure above the 'standard' 35psi works better.

I used to use about 37/38 in the 19" Falkens I had on the 350. Whether that suits 20" tyres I don't know as I guess the profile is lower so less sidewall. As being indicated above by others, experiment by gradually raising the pressures from 35 and trying on your favourite bit of road with a few demanding corners, which should reveal what suits ;)