"Sorry Sir, it is IMPOSSIBLE to wrap your dash"!!

slimjim

Just went to pickup my nice new dash from my local wrapping place...

They have said they CAN'T wrap my center dash fascia!

Said they soaked the vinyl in some cleaner or something but that it just won't clean enough for the wrapping to stick to it. :scare:

Am I crazy thinking LOADS of people have done this all ready?

Where did you get it done... and do they offer a postal "wrapping" service! :lol:

Gutted. :(

£200!!!

Bloody hell!

I don't wan't/need ALL that doing... the guys locally were going to do it for £80. (But obviosuly failed)

Anyone in the Midlands do this sort of thing for Circa one hundred notes? :shrug:

£200 was for the whole interior roughly. Give them a bell and it will be cheaper, as I did.

I used the 3M stuff for my dash!

Just make sure they are using 3M DI-NOC CA 421.

But to be honest, you'll be better off with vinyl from Hexis and do it yourself

I used 3M for mine too that was 18 months ago I am sure there are better options available now, all I did was clean the plastic with washing up liquid and it stuck fine...

RT Performance are very good Interior and exterior Wrappers, from what i have seen of their work i would let them work on my car.

i don't know if they supply vinyl; they might; drop them a bell.

I supply hexis vinyl can all theri latest stuff including their window tints as well.

i've wrapped with both hexis and 3M and i much prefer the finish of hexis, and their carbon is far superior in finish and look. they do a whole range of stuff drop me a line and i'll take some pics of samples to give you an idea. if that helps.

All I want it a matte black, back to standard look really.

I suppose I could get the gear from RT and ask my local place to do it for me.

As their only issue was that the stuff they were using wouldn't stick.

Or do people think it is something I might be able to do myself?

RT Performance are very good Interior and exterior Wrappers, from what i have seen of their work i would let them work on my car.

i don't know if they supply vinyl; they might; drop them a bell.

I supply hexis vinyl can all theri latest stuff including their window tints as well.

i've wrapped with both hexis and 3M and i much prefer the finish of hexis, and their carbon is far superior in finish and look. they do a whole range of stuff drop me a line and i'll take some pics of samples to give you an idea. if that helps.

DIY for the win!

All it takes is patience and a hairdryer.

Plus you get a satisfying feeling cos you did it yourself

Just not sure I have the skillz to pay the billz...

How much would it be for enough to do what I need? suppose I could take a punt and try it... :shrug:

DIY for the win!

All it takes is patience and a hairdryer.

Plus you get a satisfying feeling cos you did it yourself

Just not sure I have the skillz to pay the billz...

How much would it be for enough to do what I need? suppose I could take a punt and try it... :shrug:

Do it Jim, Do it Jim, Do it Jim, Do it Jim, Do it Jim, Do it Jim!!!

You know ya wanna!

(Problem is, once you wrap, you can't stop - you'll be wrapping everything that moves!)

So, how do I work out how much I need and what colour I like... (And how much it will cost)

Down at my local place I had a load to choose from, tried them against my interior and everything.

I DO like the idea of having a go... I kinda want to do the strutbrace cover too...

Ian, you ever done any? Give me a hand? Could be a BBQ activity! :lol:

Pop over to the Hexis website and look at the automotive/vehicle application vinyls.

They have a vast array of finishes, including matt black and satin black.

To do the centre console you'll need about 120cm x 50cm (you'll have enough to do it twice in case you mess up), which shouldn't cost you more than £30