"Sorry Sir, it is IMPOSSIBLE to wrap your dash"!!

slimjim

RT Performance are very good Interior and exterior Wrappers, from what i have seen of their work i would let them work on my car.

i don't know if they supply vinyl; they might; drop them a bell.

I supply hexis vinyl can all theri latest stuff including their window tints as well.

i've wrapped with both hexis and 3M and i much prefer the finish of hexis, and their carbon is far superior in finish and look. they do a whole range of stuff drop me a line and i'll take some pics of samples to give you an idea. if that helps.

RT Performance do have vinyl, they used a bit of their own supply of satin black to finish my centre console. They also exterior wrapped a Z in matte black recently I seem to remember?

But try have a go yourself, I managed to do a good job on the door grabs on the inside as well as the gear surround, I am am utterly talentless at this sort of thing.

So, how do I work out how much I need and what colour I like... (And how much it will cost)

Down at my local place I had a load to choose from, tried them against my interior and everything.

I DO like the idea of having a go... I kinda want to do the strutbrace cover too...

Ian, you ever done any? Give me a hand? Could be a BBQ activity! :lol:

I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start with wrapping. I'd probably wrap myself to the car!! Thing is, if you don't try, you don't know if you have the skillz. For £30 it sounds like a viable option to have a bash. Surely there will be a number of videos on youtube to assist?

Do it Jim, Do it Jim, Do it Jim, Do it Jim, Do it Jim, Do it Jim!!!

:teeth:

Remember back in school when you used to wrap book covers in sticky back plastic, same principle here.

Only difference is that you heat and stretch and apply, it is really that simple.

If you are stuck for which vinyl type to choose, I think the difference in how long it will stay attached when applied vertically to a vehicle exterior, I think one is 3 years and the other is 4 years, but you'll have to check, but I don't think it will matter as it's gonna be on the inside.

Other tools I would recommend are a vinyl wrapping squeegee (if possible felt covered) and a hobby knife/scalpel to make precision cuts in tricky areas (mind your fingers tho :) )

Remember back in school when you used to wrap book covers in sticky back plastic,

Yup... I used to feck that up royally too!

I think I am not too scared of doing the dash. The door/window controls worry me.

I mean how do you wrap deep inside the low section where the screw bolts it to the door?

Does it really stretch that far?