Removing Dials To Wrap Center Of The Dash?

slimjim

Taking my dash to be wrapped (I would make a RIGHT pigs ear of it!) and I wanted to take the dial holders off.

But they seems to be MELTED on!!!

Melt.jpg

Am I best off leaving them on and letting the place work round them?

Or should I risk taking them off myself.. and if I take them off ... HOW do I take them off and get them back on again safely? :blink:

Cheers peeps...

Once you unscrew and remove the actual dial module they bend away from the main centre console plenty enough for wrapping ;)

That said i completely removed the pods from mine, jusr carefully cut the plastic and glued them back on after :thumbs:

I wrapped the whole of my interior myself with di-noc but foind it too dull and took it all off :doh:

just done this today, i took them off completely if your carefull they have hooks to hold them on anyway so might not even need glue after.

Looking at mine they are properly melted in... no real way they could come off without snapping/melting.

How did you get yours off?

I also took my dials completely out when I wrapped mine, but rather than usin adhesive, I grabbed a spare bit of dark plastic, my soldering iron and plastic welded the dials back :D

+1 be a hero Jim and cut the welds off then plastic weld them back.

I'll be impressed and will award you a special prize if you undertake this mission.

Too late peeps... dropped them off earlier at the wrapping place!

Might pop down tomorrow to see how they are getting on. Take a Stanley knife and a screwdriver.

They said they were worried that the covering wouldn't stick to the textured cover. :scare:

Anyone rub down theirs before covering? Anyone have anything covered long term and it is still stuck down fine?

They are doing the facial, the cubby hold flap and both the door/window sections. Using the same Matt black that they used for the Evo.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52696

Just a good good clean with alcohol so it's dust and grease free to aid adhesion of the vinyl

Yeah, they said they were going to do that, but also said that it still might not stick.

I trust them as they have wrapped other things for me before (Including my fish tank... long story) so we will just see what they manage. :shrug:

Just a good good clean with alcohol so it's dust and grease free to aid adhesion of the vinyl

Yeah, they said they were going to do that, but also said that it still might not stick.

I trust them as they have wrapped other things for me before (Including my fish tank... long story) so we will just see what they manage. :shrug:

RT Performance recently wrapped the centre dashboard area, amongst other things, pretty sure they didn't smooth down the pimples first?

So....

Wrapping....

Fish TANK! :scare:

Why? :shrug:

Tell more.... :bounce:

Hope they didn't sand anything down :scare:

As a few others have said from experience that is not necessary and makes the job non-recoverable...

Great looking fish tanks, would love something like that but I lack the patience to maintain it...

Out of interest what are they wrapping the centre console with? Is it CF type stuff (di-noc) or a gloss type?

As a few others have said from experience that is not necessary and makes the job non-recoverable...

Great looking fish tanks, would love something like that but I lack the patience to maintain it...

Out of interest what are they wrapping the center console with? Is it CF type stuff (di-noc) or a gloss type?

They are doing it matte black. Same as they wrapped the Evo in I think.

Don't want anything flash. Just want it to look new and "standard" B)

Out of interest what are they wrapping the centre console with? Is it CF type stuff (di-noc) or a gloss type?

That's what I was thinking multiple fish tanks, it's just the one right? Different angles and reflections gives the impression you've got like 3 tanks :lol:

Gota say that is one impressive tank. I now see the purpose of wrapping the fish tank. I thought you'd lost the plot. :doh: