Aero Wipers and Wrapping

coldel

Just a couple of little bits done on the Z yesterday. Taras wrapped the upper centre console for me, I did the lower part around the gear stick but lost patience with the upper part and handed it over to RTPerformance - looks excellent in Satin Black me thinks.

Also got my Bosch Aero blades through, everyone gave me funny looks yesterday changing the wiper blades in 30 degrees of heat, not laughing now eh :lol: Tried them out and they are a big improvement over the old wipers in both looks and performance.

Dash2.jpg

Wipers2.jpg

Wipers1.jpg

Here is another one a little more close up, the triple gauges are a nightmare so you end up having to cut a bit higher but still looks miles better - very chuffed with the new look and the colour works so well with the head unit which now seems to blend in...btw RTBiscuit sorted me out the vinyl wrap.

Dash1.jpg

that satin black is lovely, almost has a leather look to it in real life. glad your happy with the material, sorry that the wrapping didn't go to plan, but excellent to see RTPerformance were able to help you out. :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice on colour Rich, loving it. Managed to do the lower console and interior door grabs myself but failed on the more complex upper console. Looks even better than the mobile phone pictures in reality.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

How much would it cost for a piece of satin black to cover centre console and driver and passenger side handles?

Cheers

trick is to start at the bottom and work upwards.

do the gearstick surround first; then work up

Hi mate,

How much would it cost for a piece of satin black to cover centre console and driver and passenger side handles?

Cheers

trick is to start at the bottom and work upwards.

do the gearstick surround first; then work up

i can do you a piece of satin 1.3 metres x 1 metre for £35 ex P+P, thats more than enough to do the centre and arm rests and some spare, to allow you for practices/mistakes etc.

Coldel, I am seriously considering this...

but I am USELESS at this kind of thing... is it easy/hard to do?

Cheers... :thumbs:

I found the door grabs and lower centre console 'easy' yes, even for my limited practical skills. I managed to wrap the upper centre console myself but it was a bit tardy, some of the egdes were not sticking down, maybe because I took so long doing it, it was passable though. In the end though with some spare material left over I took it into RTPerformance who redid the upper part for me.

There is a skill to doing this, guys like Rich/Taras I am sure could do it in a fraction of the time that it would take me or you, but its doable for us novices. Best thing to do is start on the easy bits and build up confidence (I wrapped the top part of the ashtray first, then tried the door grab and moved onto the gear surround) and get used to heating the vinyl, stretching, moving it etc.

Its a good skill to master though, I bought some FlyEye tint for the rear lights the other day and found i wrapped it effortlessly :thumbs: