Having new tyres fitted Friday......

alfawookie

Just an update regarding selling the front Bridgestones,they had a lot of cracks in them,quite badly perished so have decided not to sell them for obvious safety reasons,the rears were just as bad,so just as well i changed all 4,they look great & wow the noise reduction is very noticeable :)

Tyres actually have a use by date. After about 6-7 years they should be replaced whatever the wear level, as the rubber will perish. That's date from manufacture - not date of being fitted. You can see on the tyre the date of manufacture, which is usually melted into the tyre wall. I've got a spare set of alloys with tyres that came with the car, about 5mm of tread left but I'll only use them in an emergency as they are getting old.

Just an update regarding selling the front Bridgestones,they had a lot of cracks in them,quite badly perished so have decided not to sell them for obvious safety reasons,the rears were just as bad,so just as well i changed all 4,they look great & wow the noise reduction is very noticeable :)

Should have swapped them onto the back, performed massive burnout style "burial" ceremony :teeth:

Dont forget drifters will pay good money for part worn tyres regardless of age. If they hold air, they are good. :thumbs:

Having the the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's put on each corner,so will be selling the front Potenza 040's which have about 6mm of tread left,rears are obviously worn! :rolleyes: This 350Z newbie does his research ;)

:yahoo:

If only they were all like you! :lol: You'll love the VUS, there's not as much grip there as the Bridgestones but a million times more feedback, which makes for a smoother ride :thumbs: