iPhone 4

spursmaddave

Well seeing as I have hacked around with almost every bit of tech I have owned I was bored the other day and decided to Jailbreak my iPhone 4, now when I had an iPhone 3G this was a painstaking and often fruitless task but I have to say with the 4 it took minutes and the results are excellent. The retinal display is made for custom themes so why oh why won't Apple put this in their own OS :doh:

Still playing but really impressed with the quality of software on Cydia these days, some of it you have to pay for :scare: well I say pay....

Bit messy but you get the idea -

8b7ada91.jpg?t=1311273027

Best thing so far is the lockscreen info, you can see whats going on etc without even unlocking B)

1d91ed00.jpg?t=1311273715

Even better you can access Mail / SMS / News without unlocking B)

350ae945.jpg?t=1311273774

Yeah i know its a mess...

Just a lot more customisable, and no problems with updates or itunes etc :thumbs:

Worse case just restore it from my itunes backup, not everyones bag but surprisingly easy if you want to play around B)

Does jail braking it allow it to be used on any network out on interest?

Just a lot more customisable, and no problems with updates or itunes etc :thumbs:

Worse case just restore it from my itunes backup, not everyones bag but surprisingly easy if you want to play around B)

Does jail braking it allow it to be used on any network out on interest?

It is possible yes, when i ran through it i was given the option but as i dont have another micro sim i couldnt have tested it anyway...

Worked fine on my old 3G :thumbs:

So it's harder to navigate, with almost unreadable text, icons designed by a 5 year old, and you think that's an improvement? :shrug: I know people knock Apple for playing it safe sometimes, but there's a very good reason for that too: Their design philosophy is practically unrivalled by anyone in the world.

Sorry fella, I don't mean to come across so negative and I totally understood why people used to jailbreak the older phones (although I was never brave enough myself), but that looks like a good step backwards to me.

You completely miss the point Dan, the fact i can make it look such a mess is the whole point :lol:

You can put any font, any amount of icon and have it as plain or as messy as you like...

Image an iPhone 4 is a stock Zed, i just added a stubby, full bodykit, huge spoiler and 19" rims... Of course not everyone will be a fan!

A theme for Ekona :lol:

No status bar, just 4 nicely spaced out icons :thumbs:

443ff5fb.jpg?t=1311278247

Perfect :p

I'm with Dan, that just looks unuseable to me.

I hate clutter though, on my Pc's I have nothing on the dsktop at all - drives me insane to see people with a million icons all over the place :blush:

I started using Cydia when I had an iPhone 2 and since have had the 3 and am now on the 3Gs. I haven't bothered with it on this phone as I found whilst Cydia was good it was a pain in the rear. It's good to hear it has really taken off and I may have to look at breaking this one now. In going to skip the iPhone 4 and wait for the next one now.

Can you pm me and explain how I jailbreak mate. :-)

I will have a look for the links mate and PM you, might not be till the weekend as I'm working nights at the moment....

One question though, have you done the latest update?

I was on 4.3.3 (8J2)

I think the new update is 4.4 ?

I started using Cydia when I had an iPhone 2 and since have had the 3 and am now on the 3Gs. I haven't bothered with it on this phone as I found whilst Cydia was good it was a pain in the rear. It's good to hear it has really taken off and I may have to look at breaking this one now. In going to skip the iPhone 4 and wait for the next one now.

have read that the iphone 5 should be out September time but they have had a few problems with the phone overheating :scare:

Can you pm me and explain how I jailbreak mate. :-)

I will have a look for the links mate and PM you, might not be till the weekend as I'm working nights at the moment....

One question though, have you done the latest update?

I was on 4.3.3 (8J2)

I think the new update is 4.4 ?

I think I might of did it the other night on mine but I'm more interested in jail breaking my dads so he can use his other sim in it.

Looks pretty interesting and with good personalisation.

When the new software updates are released, will/can these still be installed?

Personally I'm looking forward to the camera shutter botton being move/duplicated to on volume up button!

Cheers

Jacko