The mystery Z

Fred020

Hi,

My local dealer has a 370z I want to buy. White GT Coupe with 12000 miles. However the car seems to have no history or documentation. The dealer does not know if/when it had a service, and presumably has no stamped service book for the car. Dealer says it was previously owned by a "nissan manager", and says he is waiting history details from Nissan, so far without success.

Documentation is important to me. I want to see all receipts, stamped service book, work done, who owned it, mileage at first service etc. Otherwise I won't buy. Am I thinking right here ?

+1, in my book if a dealer can't or won't provide that info on such a recent car he probably has something to hide :thumbdown:

You've answered your own question. If it matter to you, and they cant provide it, then walk away.

+2 - even if its been run about by a dealer principal (which quite a few are), they should still have service stamps!

Plenty out there at a good price, dont be tempted by one that isnt 100%

+1, in my book if a dealer can't or won't provide that info on such a recent car he probably has something to hide :thumbdown:

You've answered your own question. If it matter to you, and they cant provide it, then walk away.

I think you will find that cars get used by an employee but the service docs are held centrally and when the car needs servicing they user gets a message to drop it in to a nearby dealer but he does not get involved with the paperwork. When it is deemed the right time to sell the car I have heard that it can take time for the car and docs to meet up :wacko:

Perhaps EH370z can put some more light on this?