Help with D1 spec controller/car not starting

jumping350

Hi all got a D! spec controller this morn car was fine yesterday went out to car unplugged accelerator plug plugged in controller correctly set up car wouldnt start sounded like battery was dying almost fired then just died out...took controller out replugged everything back in car still wont start .... thouhgt might be battery so took that out and its indicatng green so battery is fine and shows 8 volts when ignition is on??

any help asap im stuck now thanks

Sounds like the battery to me. When you say it's showing green, do you have a tester available? IIRC the volt counter in the dash should show 12 or more if the battery is charged, or at least that was the case for me in mine.

its got a little window you can see through and its shining green ....shows white if loosing charge and shows red if battery is knackered??

ok il go chec volt think again it might of been 12 il look

is strange as fairly new battery and was fine yesterday no hesistance in starting at all?? only beenproblem since i lugged spec controller in

all power and everything seems fine to everything too

If it's showing 8volts on the Nissan volt meter then it's never going to start, re charge battery and run without D1 for a day or so and see what happens, if all ok try D1 again, if voltage drops again then D1 is causing current drain most likely :) The battery indicator thing is purely a guide and in my experience will never be entirely accurate.

I suspect it was pure coincidence, but it won't hurt to be a bit careful when plugging the D1 controller back in though. There's no reason at all why it should drain more power from the battery, but even so...

why have indicator windows if they just tell you wrong thing started on 12 then slowly went down to about 9!!do you reckon spec controller just finished off whatever was left in battery??

The indicator windows on batteries are a load of toss.

About as effective as those on the side of Energiser batteries that you put your hands on to check. Waste of time.

Recharge the battery, fit the battery, attempt to start car.

thats what i thought is a bit strange it happened at same time but looks like battery is dying as stereo turned on then just died really strange as no indication of dying battery up to this point

any one know of good battery place in surrey??also mines an import are the batteries different?

Just read your op again and I agree with Dan, probably coincidence, you haven't left a light on have you?

I suspect it was pure coincidence, but it won't hurt to be a bit careful when plugging the D1 controller back in though. There's no reason at all why it should drain more power from the battery, but even so...

na bloody thing whines at me when i do that ts weird cos there was power going to contrller too well off to pay £75 for new battery on my bicycle lol

IIRC JDM batteries are a slightly diff size?

Or am I making that up?

ok back from a 2hour bicycle trip with a battery on my back lol and ouch shoulders aswell

turns out battery was knackered and yes import batteries are different and yes pretty hard to come by on the same day and so tiny for what the car needs but i got one though, controller seems fine although oil pressure guage is bit more livlier than it was before...could that be to new battery and stronger signal going to guage?? also display on controller shows al15 or another number everytime i touch the accelerator is it meant to do that??not sure never had one lol

any info on one from someone who has one would be great