Unnamed Stailness Exhaust -eBay...

MattMe

At the end of the day it is each and everyones choice to do whatever they want with their car, I certainly wouldn't put cheap ass parts or consumables on or in my Zed, but then again I wouldn't plaster it with vinyl and race it round a track :p each to their own....

Group hug :group:

Now lets discuss something we all agree on like Tyres or 95/98 ron :doh:

I disagree dave :lol: 99ron v-power is all I can use :lol::p

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cheap shite mate! Why buy such a nice car and bastardise it with such shitty products???

:lol::lol::lol: Loving the banter on this thread - :blush::boxing::lol:

On a serious note:

Buying a really cheap exhaust is no different from buying a nismo bodykit replica off he who should not be named. :lol: You will probably get it to fit but pay the difference in labour trying to get it fit and when it does break have no warranty. As a similar example Shine, while still not cheap, do a cheaper nismo replica but members still recommend it because it it tested and trusted! If you can get a good quality replica or 2nd hand product for far less people on here will generally recommend it - it's not snobbery but trying to get you the best for your hard earned money.

To me it sounds as if you have already made your mind up on the exhaust. Give it a bash and good luck - let us know how you get on.

As for the slating of Neil's car - Neil is a mate but that aside, I like the decals on his car and given that he tracks it, it's a fitting look! Again this element is down to personal taste the same as we all choose different kits, colours, carbon etc etc.

Whereas if u got decals Craig without going on track u would get torn a new arsehole on here :lol:

Lmao I disagree, I think craigs car would look the business with race livery :thumbs: especially if it's the one he showed me! There's only a couple of more steps before I've got him on track with it. Lowering is the next thing he should do :teeth:

Play nicely guys :drunk: Neil didn't word his post in the nicest way but he's right, 'some' Zed's are falling into the hands of people who eather skimp on repairs or turn them into chavmobiles. Keviswatt, I'm not saying that this applies to you but I would advise fitting a good value and trusted SS exhaust (ahem....Scorpion.....ahem) and here's why - I bought an S/H oem backbox which looked in OK condition and less than a year later it failed in the same place as my original one (and 99% of others). This is the weak point where the centre pipe and back-box are bolted together.

I was lucky and got a good deal off a forum member here but it still cost me £70 inc fitting, I wish I'd got the Scorpion in the first place and enjoyed the ear food for a year longer ;)

In a few months you won't miss the extra outlay over the Troyosportif.

Alternatively, as a short term measure you could get it sleeve-welded if you can get a good price. Some lucky people on here seem to have done that for around 50 notes but the best I could get was about £100 which I though was a bit steep for a 'bodge' so I bit the bullet and went SS. I haven't looked back, the Scorpion is awesome for the money :drive1

This is the weak point where the centre pipe and back-box are bolted together.

I can confirm this as its where my system went too. Members have given pretty solid advice in my view - the OP has the information/opinions he needs to make an informed decision.

Lowering will happen Neil - after I get that roof spoiler! :lol:

A lot of the extra cash you pay for a 'premium' exhaust pays for the develpment and testing, who knows what sort of problems sticking a cheap ass exhaust onto you Zed will cause...

As for Craigs Zed i think vinyl FTW but not racing colours more like the flowers you sometimes see on girly VW Beetles....

To be honest this thread got silly before the end of the first page. :yawn:

Neil - you should be careful how you word things because this thread has just made you look an arrogant fool. I'm not bothered, obviously, just some friendly forum advice :thumbs:

The other thread: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=37450 didn't make the ToyoSport exhausts out to be all that bad from what I can tell. Yeah, fair enough, some people had some fitment issues, but most were easily overcome. Like I said before, if you're capable then a bit of modifying on the cheaper system seems to make sense to me.

I think for the price of a used unit and the cost of insurance increase by chavving up my car with a SS exhaust ( :p:lol: ), I know what I'll be doing... But thanks to everyone who did have some sensible/helpful input here :)

I am arrogant and admit it.

All the advice given to you was helpful by everyone involved in this thread. You chose to ignore the helpful advice given.

Good Luck

To be honest this thread got silly before the end of the first page. :yawn:

Neil - you should be careful how you word things because this thread has just made you look an arrogant fool. I'm not bothered, obviously, just some friendly forum advice :thumbs:

The other thread: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=37450 didn't make the ToyoSport exhausts out to be all that bad from what I can tell. Yeah, fair enough, some people had some fitment issues, but most were easily overcome. Like I said before, if you're capable then a bit of modifying on the cheaper system seems to make sense to me.

I think for the price of a used unit and the cost of insurance increase by chavving up my car with a SS exhaust ( :p:lol: ), I know what I'll be doing... But thanks to everyone who did have some sensible/helpful input here :)

So what did you end up getting?

I was given a brand new Toyosport exhaust system in a box with my car when I bought it. I wasn't sure how it would be but I bit the bullet and got it fitted by some mates at Santa Pod. Yes there was a fitment issue which was overcome within half hour.

The exhaust looks and sounds great paired with my Kinetix HFCs. Even without the HFCs, the system sounded similar to OEM with a slightly more aggressive sound. I am more than happy with my decision.

There are a few members on here who have seen and heard it in person. I've not heard any negative comments so far.

The build quality of the exhaust itself is identical to other 'higher quality/expensive' exhausts.

To be honest people shouldn't make judgements or provide an opinion and scare other members off from buying it, if they personally haven't seen it. It would be better to forward the potential purchaser to someone who's actually had experience with a specific product (in this case the Toyosport) for a more accurate opinion don't you think?

PS - Matt paid me a visit over the weekend and went for a spin with me in my Zed. He will now have a clearer opinion on these exhausts.

I'm a big believer in saving cash where possible but the idea of taking an exhaust to a fitter and saying "it might not fit at first, but will be fine after you've 'modified' it" sounds like a ball-ache to me :shrug:

Someone on the other thread (posted earlier) said that their fitter took 5.5hrs to adjust the exhaust then still wasn't happy to hand it back to the owner all 'skewy'.

In fairness the Scorpion can need the diff shield modifying or removing but mine was fine - I wouldn't be happy with tail pipes that don't align horizontally or point the wrong way though :scare:

It looks like the bottom line is that if you have a very friendly fitter or a mate who can do it, then it might be worth the effort.

By the way.............CHAV SS EXHAUSTS FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a big believer in saving cash where possible but the idea of taking an exhaust to a fitter and saying "it might not fit at first, but will be fine after you've 'modified' it" sounds like a ball-ache to me :shrug:

Someone on the other thread (posted earlier) said that their fitter took 5.5hrs to adjust the exhaust then still wasn't happy to hand it back to the owner all 'skewy'.

In fairness the Scorpion can need the diff shield modifying or removing but mine was fine - I wouldn't be happy with tail pipes that don't align horizontally or point the wrong way though :scare:

It looks like the bottom line is that if you have a very friendly fitter or a mate who can do it, then it might be worth the effort.

I reckon the 5.5 hours is bullsh*t and the mechanic probably just wanted to be paid for sitting there drinking coffee and twiddling his fingers, as he couldn't be asked to fiddle around with the exhaust or wasn't competent enough (I apologise if this mechanic is on this forum or if I've offended anyone with that comment). I just find it hard to believe somebody sat there fiddling around with an exhaust for 5.5 hours, I would have given up within an hour if it was that awkward.

It took the guys an additional 15-30 mins to sort the issue out. All-in-all I was charged £80 to fit the full exhaust system.

I personally wouldn't have gone for the Toyosport exhaust if I hadn't got it free due to the sole reason that there aren't enough people with them on. Now that it's on and didn't cost a ridiculous amount to fit it, I am very happy with the exhaust. The noise and looks are just perfect!

The fact that no modification was required to the car itself to allow the exhaust system to fit (i.e. removing the diff shield), highlights it weren't extremely awkward to fit.

I reckon the 5.5 hours is bullsh*t and the mechanic probably just wanted to be paid for sitting there drinking coffee and twiddling his fingers, as he couldn't be asked to fiddle around with the exhaust or wasn't competent enough (I apologise if this mechanic is on this forum or if I've offended anyone with that comment). I just find it hard to believe somebody sat there fiddling around with an exhaust for 5.5 hours, I would have given up within an hour if it was that awkward.

It took the guys an additional 15-30 mins to sort the issue out. All-in-all I was charged £80 to fit the full exhaust system.

I personally wouldn't have gone for the Toyosport exhaust if I hadn't got it free due to the sole reason that there aren't enough people with them on. Now that it's on and didn't cost a ridiculous amount to fit it, I am very happy with the exhaust. The noise and looks are just perfect!

The fact that no modification was required to the car itself to allow the exhaust system to fit (i.e. removing the diff shield), highlights it weren't extremely awkward to fit.

I agree with what both of you guys are saying here. The biggest problem is that there is no consistency with the fitting. Some fit ok, some fit really really badly. The scorpion is always the same but the cars slightly changed which made the route by the diff abit awkward. I have the revup car and the scorpion fitted perfect first time.

When you go to the likes of nismo, hks, 5zigen etc etc(ie premium exhausts) They fit perfect everytime. The reason for them being much more expensive is that the designing and testing stages, and equipment used, to make these exhausts are much more indepth and accurate. This is why there is such a big difference in prices and fitment.

As for Craigs Zed i think vinyl FTW but not racing colours more like the flowers you sometimes see on girly VW Beetles....

It would still be more manly than your car Dave!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr and Rawr!

IMG_1022.jpg

Yeah but driven by the Scottish Dale Winton its more prrrrrrrr than grrrrrrrr :p

It would still be more manly than your car Dave!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr and Rawr!

IMG_1022.jpg

Yeah but driven by the Scottish Dale Winton its more prrrrrrrr than grrrrrrrr :p

Scottish Dale Winton? Your Scottish boyfriend doesn't get to drive my car mate. ;):lol:

Scottish Dale Winton? Your Scottish boyfriend doesn't get to drive my car mate. ;):lol:

Not surprised, last time he visited he said he couldn't sit down for a week....

i thought it was only the taker that was gay :shrug::lol:

Just kidding, I'm not homophobic... ive got a house

You sure it's not a Cottage? ;)

You sure it's not a Cottage? ;)

no no i checked, its definately a house :lol:

Hks only fits jdm's :p

I agree with what both of you guys are saying here. The biggest problem is that there is no consistency with the fitting. Some fit ok, some fit really really badly. The scorpion is always the same but the cars slightly changed which made the route by the diff abit awkward. I have the revup car and the scorpion fitted perfect first time.

When you go to the likes of nismo, hks, 5zigen etc etc(ie premium exhausts) They fit perfect everytime. The reason for them being much more expensive is that the designing and testing stages, and equipment used, to make these exhausts are much more indepth and accurate. This is why there is such a big difference in prices and fitment.