Unnamed Stailness Exhaust -eBay...

MattMe

Hks only fits jdm's :p

I'm a big believer in saving cash where possible but the idea of taking an exhaust to a fitter and saying "it might not fit at first, but will be fine after you've 'modified' it" sounds like a ball-ache to me :shrug:

Someone on the other thread (posted earlier) said that their fitter took 5.5hrs to adjust the exhaust then still wasn't happy to hand it back to the owner all 'skewy'.

In fairness the Scorpion can need the diff shield modifying or removing but mine was fine - I wouldn't be happy with tail pipes that don't align horizontally or point the wrong way though :scare:

It looks like the bottom line is that if you have a very friendly fitter or a mate who can do it, then it might be worth the effort.

By the way.............CHAV SS EXHAUSTS FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon the 5.5 hours is bullsh*t and the mechanic probably just wanted to be paid for sitting there drinking coffee and twiddling his fingers, as he couldn't be asked to fiddle around with the exhaust or wasn't competent enough (I apologise if this mechanic is on this forum or if I've offended anyone with that comment). I just find it hard to believe somebody sat there fiddling around with an exhaust for 5.5 hours, I would have given up within an hour if it was that awkward.

It took the guys an additional 15-30 mins to sort the issue out. All-in-all I was charged £80 to fit the full exhaust system.

I personally wouldn't have gone for the Toyosport exhaust if I hadn't got it free due to the sole reason that there aren't enough people with them on. Now that it's on and didn't cost a ridiculous amount to fit it, I am very happy with the exhaust. The noise and looks are just perfect!

The fact that no modification was required to the car itself to allow the exhaust system to fit (i.e. removing the diff shield), highlights it weren't extremely awkward to fit.

I agree with what both of you guys are saying here. The biggest problem is that there is no consistency with the fitting. Some fit ok, some fit really really badly. The scorpion is always the same but the cars slightly changed which made the route by the diff abit awkward. I have the revup car and the scorpion fitted perfect first time.

When you go to the likes of nismo, hks, 5zigen etc etc(ie premium exhausts) They fit perfect everytime. The reason for them being much more expensive is that the designing and testing stages, and equipment used, to make these exhausts are much more indepth and accurate. This is why there is such a big difference in prices and fitment.

Is that how petty you are going for a dig.... And you are wrong :lol:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48018&hilit=Hks+Uk+part+no+Hks+exhaust+Uk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record my Toyosports has been on for a year and not fallen off :) Needed a bit of a polish after the winter but quality is no worse than others costing £300-350. Made more sense at £200 though considering the cost of fitting and tweaking.

Tail pipes suit the car well, unlike most others which are obviously after-market. Sound is a bit rowdy...

err read the last post?

Hks only fits jdm's :p

I'm a big believer in saving cash where possible but the idea of taking an exhaust to a fitter and saying "it might not fit at first, but will be fine after you've 'modified' it" sounds like a ball-ache to me :shrug:

Someone on the other thread (posted earlier) said that their fitter took 5.5hrs to adjust the exhaust then still wasn't happy to hand it back to the owner all 'skewy'.

In fairness the Scorpion can need the diff shield modifying or removing but mine was fine - I wouldn't be happy with tail pipes that don't align horizontally or point the wrong way though :scare:

It looks like the bottom line is that if you have a very friendly fitter or a mate who can do it, then it might be worth the effort.

By the way.............CHAV SS EXHAUSTS FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon the 5.5 hours is bullsh*t and the mechanic probably just wanted to be paid for sitting there drinking coffee and twiddling his fingers, as he couldn't be asked to fiddle around with the exhaust or wasn't competent enough (I apologise if this mechanic is on this forum or if I've offended anyone with that comment). I just find it hard to believe somebody sat there fiddling around with an exhaust for 5.5 hours, I would have given up within an hour if it was that awkward.

It took the guys an additional 15-30 mins to sort the issue out. All-in-all I was charged £80 to fit the full exhaust system.

I personally wouldn't have gone for the Toyosport exhaust if I hadn't got it free due to the sole reason that there aren't enough people with them on. Now that it's on and didn't cost a ridiculous amount to fit it, I am very happy with the exhaust. The noise and looks are just perfect!

The fact that no modification was required to the car itself to allow the exhaust system to fit (i.e. removing the diff shield), highlights it weren't extremely awkward to fit.

I agree with what both of you guys are saying here. The biggest problem is that there is no consistency with the fitting. Some fit ok, some fit really really badly. The scorpion is always the same but the cars slightly changed which made the route by the diff abit awkward. I have the revup car and the scorpion fitted perfect first time.

When you go to the likes of nismo, hks, 5zigen etc etc(ie premium exhausts) They fit perfect everytime. The reason for them being much more expensive is that the designing and testing stages, and equipment used, to make these exhausts are much more indepth and accurate. This is why there is such a big difference in prices and fitment.

Is that how petty you are going for a dig.... And you are wrong :lol:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48018&hilit=Hks+Uk+part+no+Hks+exhaust+Uk