Unnamed Stailness Exhaust -eBay...

MattMe

Hey.

My backbox has rotted through where it joins the rear middle section, so I'm going to need to replace both parts now. Could do without it, butthereyougo.

I was having an eBay snoop when I came across a few places selling these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-I ... 5d2ba6b263

£250 for a stainless backbox and middle section - sounds like a bloody good price to me. Anyone have any experience of these at all, or any advice?

I guess the only thing would be sound level (happy with standard volume level, or there abouts, thanks!) or fitting, but if it doesn't fit I can send it back. The ad reads designed to fit a 350z, so no arguing if I Paypal the amount. So other than that, what's you lot think?

If anyone reading this has a standard exhaust in good condition they're trying to sell PM me :)

Good eggs.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright if you fancy hacking half of your car to bits to make it fit I guess :dance:

Oh yeah, I right fancy hacking my car to bits to fit an exhaust. Will this allow me to do that? I'll take two. I always fancied quad exhausts... :lol:

Or perhaps I'll give it a miss then.

I hadn't seen that the seller was toyosport - see that's why I posted here so someone could point out the obvious I missed!

Cheers everyone.

To be honest, the extra £120 is half as much again, and then I've insurance considerations on top of that so I think I'll just try and get a decent second hand one. Hopefully soon because it's pretty loud at the minute...

Stupid cars, breaking all the time. :thumbdown:

To be honest, the extra £120 is half as much again, and then I've insurance considerations on top of that so I think I'll just try and get a decent second hand one. Hopefully soon because it's pretty loud at the minute...

Stupid cars, breaking all the time. :thumbdown:

my guess is that it keeps breaking down as you wont spend decent money on stuff for it.

This isnt a dig soley at you but too many people are running these good sports cars into the ground by scrimping on them.

I track my car regularly and havent had a thing break on it yet. As said before "buy cheap buy twice"

spend the extra, and it will last you much longer. The 120quid is half as much again, but the scorpion at circa 400 quid is still a third of the price of a nissan exhaust let alone the nismo exhaust.

You should really consider spending the extra, if the running costs are too high then maybe the zed isnt the car for you in this current economic downturn. Not meaning to sound like an arse but this is happening far too often. Because there is alot of zeds in the 10k price bracket people buy them thinking yeah its a cheap car and dont consider the running costs. I could afford an r35 gtr but i certainly couldnt afford to run it. No point being cheap on the zed as you could buy a second hand exhaust and it could blow within a week. 400 quid for an exhaust with lifetime guarantee is fantastic. A set of tyres costs 3 times that.

Rant over :dry:

Not meaning to sound like an arse

No offence, but you did. :dry:

Perhaps you're right. Not everyone will appreciate the running cost of most cars, not just a zed.

However, I honestly don't think that not 'maintaining' my exhaust is why the join between the two sections corroded.

I would say it was more likely to do with being 6 or 7 years old, the British weather, road salts and it being made from steel. Oh, and I've only owned this zed a few weeks. If the previous owner had cleaned his exhaust more often then I might not be having to deal with this now. Now I come to think of it he did say he was selling it because he couldn't afford to maintain it any more...

...I take back what I said, maybe you were on to something!

These thing happen to all cars, I've owned enough (race cars and others) to know this. If I had a Metro or a Masarrati I would still say my mantra 'stupid cars'!

I agree that some things are cheap for a reason but I would also call any man a fool who believed just because a product cost him more than another, that automatically makes it better. From what I read about these toyosport exhausts they're good value for money but can require some modification. If you're up for that then a saving of 50% seems like a good idea to me.

:thumbs:

You do generally get what you pay for....

I have to say peoples buying attitudes have changed a lot recently, there are a lot of posts about buying the cheapest this and that.. im looking into cheaper products to offer too.. its not just car parts its life in general.. and its understandable in the current climate

However (speaking as an owner not a trader), if I were you.. i'd sooner spend £120 extra ( a night out in Notts for me ) on an exhaust that you know sounds good, is generally well trusted and has a lifetime guarantee .

You posted," if it doesnt fit I will get my money back." yes you will, however... who pays the garage that tried to fit it and who pays the return costs for sending it back to the supplier ??? well that would be you, and thats probably your £120 difference... ;)

Having said that it might be perfect :thumbs:

You do generally get what you pay for....

I have to say peoples buying attitudes have changed a lot recently, there are a lot of posts about buying the cheapest this and that.. im looking into cheaper products to offer too.. its not just car parts its life in general.. and its understandable in the current climate

However (speaking as an owner not a trader), if I were you.. i'd sooner spend £120 extra ( a night out in Notts for me ) on an exhaust that you know sounds good, is generally well trusted and has a lifetime guarantee .

You posted," if it doesnt fit I will get my money back." yes you will, however... who pays the garage that tried to fit it and who pays the return costs for sending it back to the supplier ??? well that would be you, and thats probably your £120 difference... ;)

Having said that it might be perfect :thumbs:

Good point, well made.

But I wouldn't like to go out down town with you if can drink £120 worth of beer. Concrete stomach? Couple beers and whiskys for me and I feel crap the next day!

If I get a 2nd hand OEM system for 1/4 of the Scorpion price then considering it's only a small (1hour?) job and the saving on insurance premiums, it seems like a wise move to make. On top of all that I like my cars as standard as possible (wheel spacers and stubby excluded!)

It's cheap shite mate! Why buy such a nice car and bastardise it with such shitty products???

If you buy a second hand exhaust like you said you would consider then what's to say it won't break at the weld also?

I bought a cheap exhaust, purely because the scorpions warranty was a bit of comforter.

The price you will pay to get a toyosports exhaust fitted correctly will end up almost the same as what it would cost for a decent exhaust to be bought and fitted. It's the same with bodykits. Listen to the wise words of people who have been there and done it.

Too many people turning zeds into sh1theaps with cheap shitey Chinese replicated crap. When you buy the toyosports exhaust at 250quid you can join the "I'm turning a decent zed in to a shed club" and hang out at local cruises with corsa's with plastic bits stuck onto it.

Premium parts = premium performance. Fact

With full performance exhaust on insurance I went up 12quid

Perhaps you're right. Not everyone will appreciate the running cost of most cars, not just a zed.

However, I honestly don't think that not 'maintaining' my exhaust is why the join between the two sections corroded.

I would say it was more likely to do with being 6 or 7 years old, the British weather, road salts and it being made from steel. Oh, and I've only owned this zed a few weeks. If the previous owner had cleaned his exhaust more often then I might not be having to deal with this now. Now I come to think of it he did say he was selling it because he couldn't afford to maintain it any more...

These thing happen to all cars, I've owned enough (race cars and others) to know this. If I had a Metro or a Masarrati I would still say my mantra 'stupid cars'!

I agree that some things are cheap for a reason but I would also call any man a fool who believed just because a product cost him more than another, that automatically makes it better. From what I read about these toyosport exhausts they're good value for money but can require some modification. If you're up for that then a saving of 50% seems like a good idea to me.

I have been looking at these too, also posted a few days ago regarding the japspeed induction kit. I don't know about anyone else but paying the extra £120/£200 for an expensive branded part is just not an option for some. I can see the argument regarding fitting etc, but I like working on my car and as long as these items do not cause any harm to the car I'm willing to give them a go.

I'd like to mod, but don't have lots of spare cash and I'm sure lots of others are in the same boat...

K

your full of it? Where do you get off calling people a chav with your stickered up car. patronising much?

You think you know it all cos you can quote zmanalex, he probably laughs at you as he counts your money. Do you have a priemum exhaust or are you running a scorpian same price as a k2 which is a toyosport.

It's cheap shite mate! Why buy such a nice car and bastardise it with such shitty products???

If you buy a second hand exhaust like you said you would consider then what's to say it won't break at the weld also?

I bought a cheap exhaust, purely because the scorpions warranty was a bit of comforter.

The price you will pay to get a toyosports exhaust fitted correctly will end up almost the same as what it would cost for a decent exhaust to be bought and fitted. It's the same with bodykits. Listen to the wise words of people who have been there and done it.

Too many people turning zeds into sh1theaps with cheap shitey Chinese replicated crap. When you buy the toyosports exhaust at 250quid you can join the "I'm turning a decent zed in to a shed club" and hang out at local cruises with corsa's with plastic bits stuck onto it.

Where did i call anyone a chav???

First off- scorpion isn't spelt scorpian :lol:

Scorpion is cheap I admit, but tried and tested, but along with the rest of the set up which I have im easily on the way to the 1k Mark. I've built my car and engine to suit what I need it for hence the reason the scorpions getting chopped up to be replaced with different diameter pipe etc.

As for the comment about alex, I've very rarely bought stuff from alex except fluids oh yeah and kw variant 3 coilovers.

I get off on calling people a chav because too many people are putting shitey stuff on decent cars, which is partly the reason why recently we've had a massive joining of knobs complaining they got smoked by an astra vxr. The prices have plummeted allowing people to buy them that cant really afford to run them. The day I can't afford stuff for the running of my car is the day I will sell it and downgrade to something I can afford.

Sounds like I've hit a nerve... Have you bought shitey parts aswell??? :lol: :lol: :yahoo:

Japspeed exhausts are known as cheap shite, scorpion however has a very good rep because of quality and price. And for you questioning if I have a premium exhaust, I did have a nismo exhaust. :p:lol:

Sounds like I hit your nerves. Do you have a toyosports exhaust by anychance??? :lol:

your full of it? Where do you get off calling people a chav with your stickered up car. patronising much?

You think you know it all cos you can quote zmanalex, he probably laughs at you as he counts your money. Do you have a priemum exhaust or are you running a scorpian same price as a k2 which is a toyosport.

Its toyosport or toyosport's mr grammer nazi. No you saying to someone that he car keeps breaking down cos he put on crappy parts when his orginal exhaust broke. I dont mind if i do buy crappy stuff as I always get it cheap. You say about people turning their zeds into sheds and hanging out with corsas? Just saying stones and glasshouses, and IMO no need for the bad langauge as yes it does wind people up as its being read it comes across as aggressive or being patronising.

Where did i call anyone a chav???

First off- scorpion isn't spelt scorpian :lol:

Scorpion is cheap I admit, but tried and tested, but along with the rest of the set up which I have im easily on the way to the 1k Mark. I've built my car and engine to suit what I need it for hence the reason the scorpions getting chopped up to be replaced with different diameter pipe etc.

As for the comment about alex, I've very rarely bought stuff from alex except fluids oh yeah and kw variant 3 coilovers.

I get off on calling people a chav because too many people are putting shitey stuff on decent cars, which is partly the reason why recently we've had a massive joining of knobs complaining they got smoked by an astra vxr. The prices have plummeted allowing people to buy them that cant really afford to run them. The day I can't afford stuff for the running of my car is the day I will sell it and downgrade to something I can afford.

Sounds like I've hit a nerve... Have you bought shitey parts aswell??? :lol: :lol: :yahoo:

Japspeed exhausts are known as cheap shite, scorpion however has a very good rep because of quality and price. And for you questioning if I have a premium exhaust, I did have a nismo exhaust. :p:lol:

Sounds like I hit your nerves. Do you have a toyosports exhaust by anychance??? :lol:

Sorry, you say you build your car and engine to suit what you need, what's to say somone with a much lower budget than you can't do the same

. You obviosly have spent alot of cash on your z, good for you. But how dare you suggest that just because someone without your budget is turning their car into a shed... pure and utter badge snobbery

This is the first comment on this forum that has really boiled my blood, I'm sure I'm not alone

Actually its toyosport or toyosports' if you want to become literate. :lol:

What do you mean stones and glass houses? The only cheap thing on my car is the scorpion exhaust.

I was being patronising. Too many people adding crap parts to decent cars then complain when it breaks. If people buy a car and can't afford to run it correctly then if I was in there shoes I'd be considering something I could run.

However, You making the assumption that all corsa drivers are chavs then that's in pretty poor taste :lol:

Its toyosport or toyosport's mr grammer nazi. No you saying to someone that he car keeps breaking down cos he put on crappy parts when his orginal exhaust broke. I dont mind if i do buy crappy stuff as I always get it cheap. You say about people turning their zeds into sheds and hanging out with corsas? Just saying stones and glasshouses, and IMO no need for the bad langauge as yes it does wind people up as its being read it comes across as aggressive or being patronising.

Keviswatt -- dry you eyes mate. I drive a datsun certainly no badge snobbery. People who are angry at what I said are usually people who have done what I'm talking about. If you can't afford to look after it correctly then you clearly should have a cheaper car.

Wow, you really are a patronising fella aren't you....I find that alot with people who drive a motor that looks like its been crashed through a halfords window ...but hey, each to their own matey!

Off to dry my eyes, are tesco value tissues any good? I'm to poor for expensive kleenex.

At the end of the day it is each and everyones choice to do whatever they want with their car, I certainly wouldn't put cheap ass parts or consumables on or in my Zed, but then again I wouldn't plaster it with vinyl and race it round a track :p each to their own....

Group hug :group:

Now lets discuss something we all agree on like Tyres or 95/98 ron :doh:

Wow, you really are a patronising fella aren't you....I find that alot with people who drive a motor that looks like its been crashed through a halfords window ...but hey, each to their own matey!

Off to dry my eyes, are tesco value tissues any good? I'm to poor for expensive kleenex.

:lol: see ya mate, don't trip over the smartprice boxes on the way out :lol: