• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last gig: Jimmy Eat World @ Forum, London

Jealous, very jealous!

I've been on the boat for everyone of their UK dates over the past few years!

Ahh nightmare bud :( Might be a daft question, but are you in the navy then?? At the risk of rubbing it in, it was the dates when they had no support but played 'Clarity' and 'Bleed American' in full.......sorry I will shut my trap now! What are you thinking about the new King Blues album?? I'm not totally convinced......but must admit I haven't quite forgiven them for the Whiskers add yet......!

Jealous, very jealous!

Ahh nightmare bud :( Might be a daft question, but are you in the navy then?? At the risk of rubbing it in, it was the dates when they had no support but played 'Clarity' and 'Bleed American' in full.......sorry I will shut my trap now! What are you thinking about the new King Blues album?? I'm not totally convinced......but must admit I haven't quite forgiven them for the Whiskers add yet......!

JIMMY! :lol: Love a bit of JEW, haven't seen this tour though. Is it a new album? Lexx is in the merchant navy mate, telling our own Martinmac which end of a paintbrush to hold. ;)

Jealous, very jealous!

JIMMY! :lol: Love a bit of JEW, haven't seen this tour though. Is it a new album? Lexx is in the merchant navy mate, telling our own Martinmac which end of a paintbrush to hold. ;)

They played Clarity in full!? :scare:

I truly hate you.

Hmmmmm, not convinced by the King Blues new effort.

It's a bit too......soft.

I feel that Save the World, Get the Girl will be the pinicle of their career, and Itchy will end up going solo.

And as said - I'm in the Merchant Navy

Everyone loves a bit of JEW.

1. City and colour @ the royal albert hall

2. either The streets latest album or the foo fighters. not sure tbh!

Last decent gig was Dream Theater with Symphony X supporting

I'd love to see Dream Theatre live! :D

Jealous, very jealous!

No stuff off the latest album mate, but they did a few nights at there as a warm up for Glasto I think. After playing the two albums they did a few tunes off Futures and Chase This Light. Was pretty awesome I have to say :) Haha now I (sort of) get the reference Lexx has in his location! :boat:

Last decent gig was Dream Theater with Symphony X supporting

I'd love to see Dream Theatre live! :D

That was the Chaos in Motion tour. Portnoy had his custom mirage triple bass kit for that

attachment.php?attachmentid=184896&stc=1&d=1134775480

Portnoy_Kit_front.jpg

Best show was the Metropolis 2000 tour. They played Scenes from a Memory (for those who don't know the band/album - Rock Opera/play)from start to finish with a few extras at the end.

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/interact/purplemonster.aspx

Jealous, very jealous!

They played Clarity in full!? :scare:

I truly hate you.

Hmmmmm, not convinced by the King Blues new effort.

It's a bit too......soft.

I feel that Save the World, Get the Girl will be the pinicle of their career, and Itchy will end up going solo.

And as said - I'm in the Merchant Navy

Totally missed this post when I made mine earlier, but as you probably gathered they did indeed play Clarity in full :sorry:

You're probably right about KBs, which is a shame.............Alexisonfire and City and Colour = oh yes. Dallas is a genius :thumbs:

Totally missed this post when I made mine earlier, but as you probably gathered they did indeed play Clarity in full :sorry:

You're probably right about KBs, which is a shame.............Alexisonfire and City and Colour = oh yes. Dallas is a genius :thumbs:

I watched AlexIsOnFire twice at Leeds festival in 2009 as they played the main stage, and headlined the Lock Up on the Sunday.

Pretty damned impressive.

Although Rise Against had them beaten hands down as the best performance of the weekend for me. Although that was a close run thing with Brand New. They played the main stage and were staggeringly amazing.

I watched AlexIsOnFire twice at Leeds festival in 2009 as they played the main stage, and headlined the Lock Up on the Sunday.

Although Rise Against had them beaten hands down as the best performance of the weekend for me. Although that was a close run thing with Brand New. They played the main stage and were staggeringly amazing.

Haha snap mate, although I was at Reading rather than Leeds. AOF were amazing for both sets. Other great performances that weekend I thought were Gaslight Anthem, Fake Problems, A Wilhelm Scream, Polar Bear Club.............and obviously Frank T :bounce: Faith No More were cool as well. Think I'd seem 'em in London a few weeks prior too :) Am off to Leeds for a change this year actually, but only for Sunday.........must remind myself who is playing!

Haha snap mate, although I was at Reading rather than Leeds. AOF were amazing for both sets. Other great performances that weekend I thought were Gaslight Anthem, Fake Problems, A Wilhelm Scream, Polar Bear Club.............and obviously Frank T :bounce: Faith No More were cool as well. Think I'd seem 'em in London a few weeks prior too :) Am off to Leeds for a change this year actually, but only for Sunday.........must remind myself who is playing!

We watched Gaslight and Frank T.

Come to think of it, we watched Fake Problems too. And then watched them again later in the year when they supported Frank on his Poetry Of the Deed tour.

Sonic Boom Six did well as the Sunday opener. The Bronx were amazing. I thought Fightstar did well against a hostile crowd.

Thursday followed by Rise Against were highlights for me (followed both bands since the their early days)

Streetlight Manifesto played well that year, although Tomas Kalnoky was wasted which took the edge off.

Biggest disappointment for me that year was AFI. Black Sails is one of my all time favourite albums, and I just thougth they were so weak live when playing thier new material.

I've not bother with Leeds this year. The line up is shocking - as proven by the fact you can STILL buy full weekend tickets. First year in the past 10 that they havent sold out on the day they go on sale.

We're skipping Leeds (again) this year too. Just too expensive these days. Would rather just go and see fewer acts individually (we have to travel to a city to see gigs, so normally stay over). Leeds 2009 was good though, enjoyed Billy Talents headliner in the tent, much much better live than on record.

• 1 month later...