Phone Hacking

AK350Z

Watched Question Time last night, thought Hugh Grant put in a good show.

The Tory guy started badly but had the Labour fella over a barrel by the end when it transpired that the legal barriers blocking the Tories from doing what what Labour are calling for now were in fact drawn up in 2006 by Labour who were trying desperately at the time to jump in bed with Murdoch.

Again Hugh made a great point, its not about any political party, they are all guilty of it, and during his police investigation they showed that its not just the News of the World but all the trash papers are at it.

So expect to see a few more topple over at some point...it just needs a straight copper to do it.

+1 Question Time was excellent last night and though HG was very good. Also This Week was good following again on the phone hacking subject.

Normally watch both too, but was at the pub. iplayer here we come...

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like The Lulz group have there own ideas about the phone hacking - Just taken over a couple of newspaper sites. Goto the Sun newspaper home page and get directed to the The Lulz group twitter account!

OMG. This has been in news here recently but is now starting to make front page.

Reading the in depth editorial today in the local paper what a sad and miserable lot the British press have become.

Dear Mr. Murdoch - sorry doesn't cut it.

She wasn't known to be dead when they hacked her phone and deleted the messages.

The big story here (and in other hacking cases) is the compliance of the police and other authorites, not the disreputable behaviour of freelance journalists.

I wasn't fussed about any of this to be honest.

All passes me by, so what if some "celebraties" got their "phone hacked" (which isn't an accurate description anyway) and a paper prints that they are having their face lifted.

So bloody what.....

THEN I heard about them deleting messages from Milly Dowler's phone AFTER she was abducted. Making the police and the parents think she was still alive.

I don't care WHERE I was working, HOW MUCH I needed the money from the job, even if it was to PAY FOR MY ZED.... I Would NEVER EVER stoop that low to doing that.

They say the people at the top should pay... I am sure Murdoch had no idea what was going on (like most big corporation bosses) it is the person who did it and their immediate boss who should be persecuted for police obstruction.

I was (and still am) DISGUSTED by this.... :rant:

Just listening in on the Murdoch interrogation, as before the people asking the questions are just a shambles.

They are asking such micro questions that the two guys at the top couldn't possibly know. It's embaressing. Almost amatuer like.

A couple of good questions but 80% of it is just pointless and a waste of time.

Exactly. It's a witch hunt now designed for political point-scoring, nothing else.

FFS the people who did this are in prison now, why are we so concerned with trying to nail the Murdochs to the wall? There's a lot of tiny minded people in this country who can't stand to see people be successful via working hard, simply because they've got differing political views.

As they said, NotW is less than 1% of their business, are they likely to have been directly involved, of course not. Are they likely to have even been aware? Of course not. Everyone is complaining that they are not answering but FFS Does James Murdoch (who wasnt even in the company when the hacking was going on!) have intimate knowledge of financial contracts of a company within the NI business that is so tiny...of course not.

One dumb sod even asked if the money paid out was declared to Inland Revenue, what a dumb sod.