Custon Made LED Rear Indicators

flyboy

Just a quick peek at the latest mod. B)

Thanks to Leonk for supplying a cheap set of indicators to try this out on. :clap:

Custom laser cut aluminium plates, :yahoo:

Hand formed to fit,

Lots of lovely Amber, Red and Clear leds, :thumbs:

Lots of soldering :thumbdown:

looks familiar :p:lol:

good luck with the project :)

Yup, A blatant rip off of the clear corners ones but not at $1300 per pair. :scare:

I will get some photos of them lit up posted soon They look great and work well, :thumbs:

Just a bit concerned about how good my soldering is on 300+ leds. and how long they will last. :p

looks familiar :p:lol:

good luck with the project :)

Yup, A blatant rip off of the clear corners ones but not at $1300 per pair. :scare:

I will get some photos of them lit up posted soon They look great and work well, :thumbs:

Just a bit concerned about how good my soldering is on 300+ leds. and how long they will last. :p

You need to watch out for the voltage levels, power consumption, heat generation, cluster resealing.

Clear corners were a rip off as they used to just stuff those crap premade LED strips into them rather than making a bespoke LED solution.

You need to watch out for the voltage levels, power consumption, heat generation, cluster resealing.

Clear corners were a rip off as they used to just stuff those crap premade LED strips into them rather than making a bespoke LED solution.

It should be ok as I have used an online calculator for the resistor values per 4 leds in series.

Forward voltages were checked across a few parts as they can vary and were averaged.

Forward current was limited to 10ma (even thouigh 20ma was allowable) to reduce heat output.

I think even with 84 leds in each indicator I should be well below the heat the 21 watt original indicator put out. :D

At 3 hours each side though they will never be a volume product :bang:

$1300 for some indicators, link?

http://www.clearcorners.com/products/nissan/z33/r_sig/

I can't see a price on their?

Go up a page to the 350z parts listing --- I posted a link to the detail on the site so peeps could see what I copied. :p

This is a link to the price list.

http://www.clearcorners.com/products/nissan/z33/

High-Power LED Rear Turn Signal / Fog / Reverse Combination Lights

Actually $1150 a pair plus $50 post in USA :scare:

misquoted the price from memory :lol:

Does anyone have two spare wiring looms for the indicator clusters The ones leonk supplied didn't come with any.

If not, does anyone know where the plugs and bulb holders can be purchased -- google is not forthcoming :blink:

If no one has any........

OF COURSE I WILL PM ZMANALEX :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Slight delay in fitting these as in the absence of a spare wiring loom I have sent off for some connectors from the states.

These are shaped like the bottom of the standard T20 bulbs which will allow the modified lights to plug straight into the wiring harness on the car and avoid the need to modify the car loom in any way.

I will get photos up as soon as they arrive. :clap:

I may be tempted to offer this as a kit if anyone was interested.

Flyboy

Have a look at item no. 170620582932 on E bay £3.95, think its what you want?????

Cheers mate, I have already got some connectors on the way from the states which will plug into where the bulb normally goes, but for £4 I have bought these as well. You never know when they will come in handy and no-one else has any.

I got the connectors I have been waiting for yesterday and today did a trial fit of the lights into the car.

Although they all worked and looked good in the daylight, I found that the loading of the complete indicator unit is not enough to flash the LED's at the correct rate. (Hazards are fine by the way)

I could install a load resistor across each one 50w 6ohm seems to be about the right value, but thought it might be possible to change the flasher unit to an electronic one and avoid this.

Problem....... I cant find it!! is there one?, or is this another function carried out by the BCM.

If it is carried out by the BCM then why does a different resistance value affect the indicator speed as surely the BCM is electronic and shouldn't be affected.

I thought someone on here might know, if not then I will have to trawl through 100's of pages of the workshop manual to find out.

BCM controls the blinking of the lights on the dash but not the indicators themselves as far as I can tell. When my BCM died (not sure the whole thing was dead) the lights on the dash didnt work (inc indicators) but putting the indicators on via the stalk did make the actual lights light up.

Why not just use resistors to load it up? Surely thats the easiest way?