Not the best luck in the world

Chipster

I bought my 2003 350Z GT in March with c.100k on the clock. And here it is:

photo-2.jpg

For my own piece of mind, I immediately took it to the nice people at Lockwood & Greenwood in Manchester and told them to do a P3 service, even though it wasn't even due a service at all.

I also told them to look for anything which might be on the way out, take it for a drive and see what they thought.

In hindsight it may have been slightly risk to tell a mechanics to (and I quote) 'do you worst' but they're widely regarded as being a trustworthy bunch and I had a 3 month warranty from the place I bought it so thought 'what the hell'.

To my immense pleasure, I picked it up and they described it as immaculate. They couldn't find a single thing mechanically wrong.

However, since then:

The passenger window motor died :bang: (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=50483).

Then the battery ran flat after I left it for a week or so :bang: (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=50996).

I then tried to jump start it with no success. :bang: So I called my breakdown provider and they came round and got it running again. Turns out I hadn't attached the jump leads properly :bang: My battery wasn't dead either, just flat which is good. :)

The man also noticed that I had developed a flat tyre! So he kindly changed my wheel, ignoring protocol which was actually that I had to call Roadside Assist again :bang: My car is stored in a secure underground parking garage so I went to drive out to go to the tyre fitter. To do this I have to swipe my fob and open the gates.

This was when I noticed that my driver side window had also now decided to give up :bang:

Next I drove to Kwik Fit in picturesque Salford. The fitter tested my tyre by spraying it with screenwash and looking for bubbles, of which he found none. So he pumped it back up and put it back on my car free of charge.

Not the worst situation in the world, but now I'm left without any functioning windows which will be £500 ish to fix :wacko: On the upside, it could also have been a new battery and tyre as well :)

Dont be too downbeat, the windows could be fuses or relays and even if both motors are knackered you can pick up both for £250ish :thumbs:

Battery problems are common too and a new one is £80ish... Considering what the worst could have been you are fairly lucky...

+1 Its not too bad.

My window motors failed the first weekend I had the car :thumbdown:

Bloody hell mate - if thats all thats gone wrong with a car with 100k on the clock then I think you've done fairly well - at least it got a full bill of health from mechs who know what they're talking about. :thumbs:

Ricey said.

Bloody hell mate - if thats all thats gone wrong with a car with 100k on the clock then I think you've done fairly well - at least it got a full bill of health from mechs who know what they're talking about.

Couldn't have put it better! :lol:

Now go out and give it a big hug and say your back in love again!!!

Keep your chin up my fellow mancunion sunsetter :console:

When I got mine it was one problem after another.

Rattling hatch.

Tailgate struts failed TWICE!

O2 sensors failed TWICE!

Clicking axels.

AND THAT WAS WITH A BRAND NEW ZED :surrender:

3 yrs out of warranty and no more probs and never visited main dealer again.

Back to L&G myself next week for an MOT on the zed.

Bloody hell mate - if thats all thats gone wrong with a car with 100k on the clock then I think you've done fairly well - at least it got a full bill of health from mechs who know what they're talking about. :thumbs:

my thoughts exactly!

with the window motors, clean the contacts up first and if they are knackered im sure you can swap them out for replacements cheap enough.