HELP REQUIRED!

SteveRS

Im going to be pick up a 350z on saturday from a private seller, and whilst doing an insurance quote i put the registration in and it has come up as a Nissan Fairlady Z.(which i know is the import model) The car is fitted with the nismo kit and has the UK shaped plates front and rear, why would this show up on the insurance quote? I put my OLD 350z reg in which was a UK model, and this came back as a nissan 350z (296) coupe

Could the car im about to buy be an undercover jap import? How else can i tell? :scare:

Thanks in advance.

So could it be completely fine. On the HPI check it says it was first registered in the uk on the 25th JUNE 2006, its an 06 facelift with 06 plates. Would it show up on the HPI if the car was imported? Would the VIN plate be diffferent if it was an import?

Im going to be pick up a 350z on saturday from a private seller, and whilst doing an insurance quote i put the registration in and it has come up as a Nissan Fairlady Z.(which i know is the import model) The car is fitted with the nismo kit and has the UK shaped plates front and rear, why would this show up on the insurance quote? I put my OLD 350z reg in which was a UK model, and this came back as a nissan 350z (296) coupe

Could the car im about to buy be an undercover jap import? How else can i tell? :scare:

Thanks in advance.

Post some pics of it, particularly the interior ;)

Thanks in advance.

Post some pics of it, particularly the interior ;)

If only i knew how to post pics!

I can tell you the interior is exactly the same as my other 06 zed, all the steering wheel controls, phone, cruise control. Leather seats etc.

I had the exact same problem when getting my insurance quote and gave me a little panick attack thinking the garage were doing one over me! I immediatley phoned the garage asking them to scan in copies of the V5 documents etc so I could check the VIN number. Volia it was definately a UK GT spec.

As MartinMac has said Insurance companies databases seem very random!

I had the exact same problem when getting my insurance quote and gave me a little panick attack thinking the garage were doing one over me! I immediatley phoned the garage asking them to scan in copies of the V5 documents etc so I could check the VIN number. Volia it was definately a UK GT spec.

Im panicking a bit right now! would the VIN plate on the car be in japanese if it was an import? Confused.com and a company i called both said fairlady z thats what has started my panick :scare::wacko:

Have a look at this recent post, especially the reply from leonk 1st page, hope this helps :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51123&p=743738&hilit=insurance#p743738

Im panicking a bit right now! would the VIN plate on the car be in japanese if it was an import? Confused.com and a company i called both said fairlady z thats what has started my panick :scare::wacko:

Have a look at this recent post, especially the reply from leonk 1st page, hope this helps :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51123&p=743738&hilit=insurance#p743738

Thanks for that, im slowly calming down....................... I haven't seen anything else to suggest it is a Jap import to be fair.

This happened to me too. Just tell them its not an import and they will deal with it. :thumbs:

Yeah i told the guy its not meant to be an import, so he is going to call me tomorrow morning to sort it out. He said he had quotes come in at about £3000!!!

my cheapest has been £835 with admiral

Yeah we do, I have a work van and my girlfriend also has her own car. The company that I have my van insurance through is going to call me tomorrow morning because the quotes they were getting tonight for multicar were incredibly bad.

All imported cars and bikes I've dealt with have 'this vehicle was first registered abroad' on the V5 unless it was imported brand new with a cert of newness. There is usually a way of telling the market from the VIN which any Nissan dealer should be able to decipher for you.

Thanks to EH 370Z who has been a great help and ran an experian HPI check for me and I now know for definite it's not an import, the purchase can still go ahead. Martinmac you were very right the insurance system was the reason for my panic :lol:

Thanks for your help guys. :thumbs:

Steve