New mini Coupe Launch

rtbiscuit

Phew,i thought i was going to be the first one! I actually really like it. Havnt seen one in the flesh yet,but i think its pretty cool looking thing.

I was also look at Renault Avantimes the other day,lusting after one. The mrs said i should be ashamed at liking them.

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

"No matter where you are, no matter where you are going, adventure will find you."

This pretty much sums it up, complete cack.

There isn't an upside to this car (in fact it looks like it's been turned upside down a couple of times) it's just sh*t. It's a great shame when a company like BMW, who makes great cars (including the 'normal' Mini) spends a fortune to create these spin-off abominations. Why can't they create something with 'Mini' DNA that actually looks good as a coupe? It doesn't need to be a stretched or squashed version of the normal car, people aren't that stupid. Maybe they think that Porsche have kinda made the formula work and they can too?

Another Mini which will be bought by people who think it's cool but know bog all about cars, at least it should drive well :surrender:

I quite like it as well- BMW have a habit of making stunning cars that look crap in initial photos and I think this could well be another

Is it a hard top convertible? If so I think it woulda looked better with a soft top

Didnt go down well at top gear think clarkson said they were trying to make it look like it had a baseball cap on backwards.... and that went out of fashion years ago.

they did have another mini on the show tho... that was nicer.. ;)

A coupe is made up of three flowing lines, all coming from and terminating at the same point: One at the bottom, one at the waist, and one at the top. The Mini Coupe is a box, look at the front and rear ends.

A coupe is made up of three flowing lines, all coming from and terminating at the same point: One at the bottom, one at the waist, and one at the top. The Mini Coupe is a box, look at the front and rear ends.

That's not necessarily true Ekona, the official definition, coutesy of Wikipedia is ;

'A coupé or coupe (from the French verb couper, to cut) is a closed car body style (permanently attached fixed roof), the precise definition of which varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, and over time. Coupés are often hardtopped sports cars or sporty variants of sedan (saloon) body styles, with doors commonly reduced from four to two, and a close-coupled interior (i.e., the rear seat placed further forward than in a standard sedan) offering either two seats or 2+2 seating (space for two passengers in the front and two occasional passengers or children in the rear). Before the days of motorized vehicles, the word referred to the front or after compartment of a Continental stagecoach.'

The world would be a poorer place if designers stuck to one formula but I think the Mini designers were tripping when they drew that coupe up :lol:

I like boxy coupe's - the 90's Merc coupes don't follow the flowing lines formula but still look great (in my opinion!).

I was talking about from a artistic POV, not the technical definition. A good coupe is drawn of three lines exactly as I described, there was one of the top design guys on 5th Gear a couple of years back who drew exactly that and suddenly I realised just why some coupes look beautiful and others look stunted and ugly.

I was talking about from a artistic POV, not the technical definition. A good coupe is drawn of three lines exactly as I described, there was one of the top design guys on 5th Gear a couple of years back who drew exactly that and suddenly I realised just why some coupes look beautiful and others look stunted and ugly.

As a designer :p (and car fan) I don't agree, there are plenty of good looking boxy coupes out there. This for instance.....

audi_sport_quattro_11_06_05.jpg

agreed! Or this one (controversial)

modelpicture.php?id=786

That's got the classic three lines though ;)

I do love the SV :cloud9:

Anyway, before we denigrate this thread anymore, back on topic: This new Mini is an abortion.