Insurance.........W-T-F!

dvs

:scare:

Renewal letter has just arrived for my 'Z - 2007 GT spec (UK) no modifications, we've gone from circa £800p.a to the frankly ball-tighteningly figure of £3360.70p.a.

Apparently "premiums have gone up a lot in the last year" - no sh*t sherlock, how is everyone else doing on the insurance front?

For reference I'm a 26 year old male, no convictions/previous claims/accidents and over 4 years NCB, living in London.

I always find they have silly renewals, ring someone else and if you insurance doesnt match them then move away. simples.

if it's with elephant admiral or bell ring another of the 3 beat the quote, ring your insurer and because they're the same company they can beat that to. without having to change anyway :)

Better doing an online quote first woth the company you're already with - you'll find that it is cheaper than your renewal.

As someone up there ^^ has already said the Admiral/Bell/Elephant group do seem to come out the cheapest for zeds :thumbs:

In my opinion insurance companies are now playing on this whole "insurance has gone up" fear.

I have so far without fail secured a minimum £100 off each car Ive insured this year and the Van. I got the Fezza insurance down from £1400 to £1200 by shopping around. In fact if Id taken a "normal" policy from say admiral or the like Id have got it for £700 - but I opt for one which has no restrictions on where the car can be repaired etc on that car.

Also worth mentioning that last year I mirrored 8 years NCB on the fezza and this year I took it out with just the 1 year in its own right.

350Z down by about £200 iirc and the Altea also down by about £100 or so and the Shed of a Transit Van also down by a couple of hundred quid.

Only the Jag to go, which is actually being replaced before the insurance is due in September, so will be hard to make a comparison.

My advice is shop around, if you dont like the price tell them you are shopping around. If they ask you to call them back if you find a better deal, then they haven't given you their best offer otherwise whats the point in you calling back.

Businesses are trying to make a recovery, but some are trying to do it much faster than others by having stupidly high prices. It may work and they may boom, or they could fall on their arse. Try and find one who is growing steadily out of recession rather than trying to sprint and you will get a fair deal.

Mine went up from £450 to £670 this year with Elephant, went to compare the meerkat, saw lower quotes, went to cancel over the phone, was quoted £410 which I took, 8 Years no claims,

Why can't they just offer the lower price to begin with, legal theft, that's all insurance companies do