Intelligent Key

The G Man

Mine seems to not be too clever at the mo! Past day or so when using the door button to lock/unlock it hasn't worked until I have been virtually stood against the door with the key in my pocket.

Tried the spare key last night and it's the same.

First thought was battery, but as both keys seem to have this problem, I'm thinking that this is too much of a coincidence, plus the manual states that the battery should last 2 years, car is only 10months old.

It locks/unlocks ok when pressing the buttons on the fob

Anyone any ideas, she'll be due a service soon, probably after LakeZ so will eventually be hitting the dealer if I don't find a fix here.

Any reccommendations on where to get the battery from, other than a dealer?

Does it to this with the passenger door and/or boot? If its only one door, its likely to be the reciever in the drivers door, if it happens with the others it could be the key batteries or something more central in the car.

TBH I'd get it to a dearer as its in warranty. They can hook it up to Consult and diagnose whats going wrong.

I have had this a couple of times of the last few days. Each time it has been outside our local Spar shop & have had to use the key in the door. Never had this problem before in the previous 6 3/4 years & thought at first that the battery had finally given up. Very disconcerting getting in the car with the alarm going off :scare:

I have had this a couple of times of the last few days. Each time it has been outside our local Spar shop & have had to use the key in the door. Never had this problem before in the previous 6 3/4 years & thought at first that the battery had finally given up. Very disconcerting getting in the car with the alarm going off :scare:

Never had that problem in the 350z - maybe your battery is shot?

370z (which we are talking about here) uses something similar to RFID I'd imagine. Should be the same they have in other Nissan cars though, so shouldnt take a dealer long to work it out.

Worked ok today when I arrived at work and when I was coming home, locked/unlocked as normal :shrug: . One to monitor methinks, oh and there are no strong transmiters near me either.

I'll still pop by the dealers on Friday though.

• 1 month later...

The G man.

I have the same issues on a few occasions of late when you expect to open the car on the cars buttons rather than using the remote - which works fine.

I have wondered whether some other signals are interfering but as it has only happened a few times not unduly worried.

What was strange on one occasion is that the "no key" orange light light came on when driving once but fortunately did not turn the car off :wacko: Maybe the fob battery is getting low (nearly two years old, and if it means anything the car has done just on 10k miles) so I will get it checked at the next service later in September.

The G man.

I have the same issues on a few occasions of late when you expect to open the car on the cars buttons rather than using the remote - which works fine.

I have wondered whether some other signals are interfering but as it has only happened a few times not unduly worried.

What was strange on one occasion is that the "no key" orange light light came on when driving once but fortunately did not turn the car off :wacko: Maybe the fob battery is getting low (nearly two years old, and if it means anything the car has done just on 10k miles) so I will get it checked at the next service later in September.

Not had this issue since posting, don't think it was my phone, I rarely have it in my trouser pockets, dealer couldn't find nowt as it was working ok when she was in for her first service the other week there.