Akrapovic Exhaust on its way!

ScottyZ

That's next on the list :thumbs: I think it'll be surprising the pre-dyno with my set up, post dyno, I'm looking for another bundle of torquey horsey's :teeth:

It is an epic exhaust, it'll be nice to compare differences at LakeZ with other 370 owners on stock and other set ups B) Had Neil P out the other night in her, his first time actually in a 370, he was quite impressed, in fact and I quote, " Fook me, this foockin' thing can shift", :lol: and he has a re-mapped 350 running 313hp(might be more actually), leaves him for dead :p

(awaits Neil to contest this :lol: )

Haha yep I can confirm that georges car is fast as hell. The torque is fantastic and it sounds like it has a massive set of bollocks. The difference between the akrapovic on it's own and the akrapovic with the high flow cats is simply night and day. It sounded nice without but very subtle, I wouldn't say it would make youngsters drool, but after the addition of the hfc's it sounds like a true sports car :cloud9: it's very "racey" sounding without being over powering. It let's the true engine note escape more freely and let's the car sound and drive the way it should have from factory imo.... Anyways I'm away to fit some laughing gas so I can keep up with George again :lol::thumbs:

I gather from Mark (Abbey) that the HFCs should add a worthwhile increase ;)

Inside the car I find the Stillen gives me a similar sound as the Nismo exhaust did on the 350 so those who with that system will know the difference when the used in combination with the HFC's. Having ridden in a 350 with the Nismo + HFCs for me personally I found the noise level just too harsh and that is why I have not gone down that route with the 370. Mind you, following one is a joy but then that's not living it with it everyday :D

But then again I can understand those of more tender years would not worry about the noise level inside when I see and hear some of the ICE installed :blush::headhurt::lol:

Guess is depends as what you consider worth while Colin. 5-10HP isnt to be sniffed at, but for me and you the extra noise would not be prefered, and I dont think you'd see any difference with the 5-10HP OTR once you have gained the good chunk already from exhaust/intakes/remap combo. That is of course unless you are tracking it or wanting the extra noise - then they would be worth it.

What we also didnt consider in your car vs mine - where we discounted the Stillen intakes giving any extra power - is that my 7AT drivetrain may have sapped more power than a manual. So my intakes may still give some gains over standard airbox/uprated filter combo, we just need to see them on a manual car.

Colin, thankyou for considering I'm of a tender age, my body isn't but inside my head I'm ten years old :lol:

I also got the impression from Mark that the HFCs would make a difference, as I say, give me to the end of summer and hopefully I'll have completed a visit and been re-mapped :thumbs:

With the gains shown for the Stillen alone, another 5-10hp is not to be sniffed at, I'll then have to look at what will get me up to the 370hp mark ;)

Colin, thankyou for considering I'm of a tender age, my body isn't but inside my head I'm ten years old :lol:

I also got the impression from Mark that the HFCs would make a difference, as I say, give me to the end of summer and hopefully I'll have completed a visit and been re-mapped :thumbs:

With the gains shown for the Stillen alone, another 5-10hp is not to be sniffed at, I'll then have to look at what will get me up to the 370hp mark ;)

haha nitrous big man!! By next summer i will have a couple of snails pumping a bar or two of air into the plenum :lol:;)

• 1 month later...

I think running a car CAT less we may get close to that figure but running any CATS I feel you wont , remember that is a gain of over 45+ bhp from a stock car , I am sure Nissan didnt do that bad a job on the tune, yes we tune the cars a little leaner we cant do much with the ignition as it close loops the ignition map agaisnt the knock senors/noise.

Where did you guy buy your Akrapovic exhaust from?

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you guy buy your Akrapovic exhaust from?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I got mine from Senner Tuning in Germany, very professional outfit, good comms as well despite the language difference :thumbs: