350Z vs Ariel Atom

Just got back from a great trackday at Goodwood.

It was pretty wet when I arrived, but soon cleared up.

There was a pre-war Alfa there, on its maiden trip after a full restore (with twin super chargers) - sounded awesome.

post-5210-135011907071_thumb.jpg

I took our 350 on track and it performed brilliantly. Couldn't ask for more. We're recently added a set of Superpro bushes and it's made the car handle really well.

post-5210-135011907043_thumb.jpg

Heres a vid of me chasing an Ariel Atom - he was quicker in a straight line but I still managed to keep up :)

I've only got basic mods on the car at the moment. Spec:

Standard wheels

Cheap Vredestein road tyres

Standard GT interior - heavy!!

Engine mods - making about 310bhp:

H-Dev plenum spacer

H-Dev de-cats

H-Dev Uprev remap

Suspension:

Super-pro bushes all round

Racing Logic coilovers

Everything else standard

I think the next set of mods will be to try and reduce weight - 350Zs are so heavy...

Great vid Jez, think the Atom must have been twitching in the wet as they are usually super quick around the tracks. Nice driving though, the Zed seemed really smooth through the acceleration, must get that plenum/uprev done once I recover from my recent bout of money spending!

The boot weighs a ton doesn't it? I took the struts off just to see what it was like and its dead heavy. I'm thinking carbon boot + pastic rear window along with bucket seats. Hope fully that'll remove a bit of the weight. That combined with some RS-Rs or R888s and it should be flying :)

Way to go Jez very smooth B)

Thought I was going to watch you get your azz kicked. :lol:

I Just ordered an £8 camera of ebay :thumbs:

You going to make Castle Combe on the 7th mate?

Not sure - would love to come along, but I've already got a number of days already booked - trackdays are never cheap. I got through about £80 of fuel today, average 9.3mpg :teeth:

Thats good mate nearly double figures :lol:

I think I'll be at about 6mpg on the track :lol:

Hope you can make it all the best keep the vids coming :thumbs:

Great vid Jez, think the Atom must have been twitching in the wet as they are usually super quick around the tracks. Nice driving though, the Zed seemed really smooth through the acceleration, must get that plenum/uprev done once I recover from my recent bout of money spending!

Great little vid there, the zed went well. :thumbs: bet you had fun

Have to say coldel your car looks great with those wheels, nice little signature