How much is worth 350Z on 04 Plates with D cat????

GoralGT

Yes, that's an 04 model, I just wonder if a 2010 370Z would be written off with a similar amount of damage? If it was repaired on the insurance then would it still be a CAT D??

Pete

If its repaired on the insurance then it was never written off so it won't be a CAT D in fact it won't be anything unless they owner tells you it had a shunt. It won't come up on HPi either.

As far as I know (and I don't know much) it works along these lines -

The damage to the vehicle is assed, an estimate is made using ONLY original parts and the labour is added to it if that figure is more than the insured value (or the amount the insurance is willing to pay for the vehicle) it's a write off.

If the damage is minimal a garage or private person can/will buy it (PM the traders on here lol) source parts from aftermarket suppliers scrap yards etc and rebuild it and hopefully do it for less than the resale value of the repaired car.

Higher categories are awarded if the car has structural damage or (this bit is sic) has killed someone and "Humane tissue" has contaminated the car. I believe that you cannot rebuild a car that has the highest CAT even if you get a VOSA inspection they are for spare parts and/or scrap only.

OK Shoot me down in flames I may not be as current on the regs as I thought I was :lol:

Please do your own research before beliving any of the above :thumbs:

Cat D is becoming more and more common as insurance companies are becoming less and less likely to fix cars.

Yes, that's an 04 model, I just wonder if a 2010 370Z would be written off with a similar amount of damage? If it was repaired on the insurance then would it still be a CAT D??

Pete

doubt it unless the car is under 6 months old , good point though , that means there will lots of damaged zeds with more damage than this 1 repaired & owners unaware.

I agree that a well repaired cat D can make a good buy for the right price, but it may be harder to sell on and you need to be really sure about the standard of repair. Also, I guess you wouldn't get any service history with it?

I was more concerned by the OP's comment that the seller does not have a V5 for the car.........................

...................wouldn't touch a car without a V5 with a bargepole!

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your opinions:)

Both sides are right. It is just depending how much you can spend.

If you are in Love with Z and you have 5-6k you still can have it but without GT Pack or GT with a Cat.

It's just personal choice I think.

If I will find a decent one for a great value I will go for it.

But If I will found a good one on salvage auction with slightly damage I would buy it too :teeth:

So finally I will get 2 x Zeds and compare them.

How do you reckon there is more members of forum with Zeds (GT Packs) or the simple cloth ones?

Thanks

It's Weekend :drunk:

Have a good one.

How do you reckon there is more members of forum with Zeds (GT Packs) or the simple cloth ones?

Yeah, this was down to the dealers and the buyers. When I was going around the dealerships looking to order a new one back in 2006 I was told that the ones with the GT pack would hold their value better (true), be easier to sell (also true) and that if I wanted a non GT one then there would be a longer wait until they got one in stock (probably a load of rubbish, but...). At the end of the day I think most buyers opted for the GT pack, if you can afford to spend around 30k then another couple of thousand for the GT pack isn't going to hurt that much :)

Pete

Cat D is becoming more and more common as insurance companies are becoming less and less likely to fix cars. due to the extra cost of hire cars, medical and injury cover, its starts to cost alot to repair a car, and the lower the value of the vehicle the more likely they are to write something off as a CAT D for something minor than they ever where.

My old neighbour works for a large bodyshop chain and he was telling me all about this. They allow 10% scrapage value on the car, so if their estimate for repair is higher than the book price minus 10% then its an automatic right off.

And judging by the prices they quote insurance companies for their work loads of cars get written off when they could be repaired cheaply.

My missus had a prang the other year, just a low speed nudge into the back of another car at a roundabout. Damage to her car was bonnet had a slight dent in it, front bumper had a scuff on it, and the radiator was split. I priced up the cost of bits + paint and I could have fixed it for about 300->400quid. But, cos we had to sort the other car out, she went through her insurance. The bodyshop`s invoice to the insurance company came in at £3200 on a car which was only worth £4000. And the quality of the work the bodyshop did was just shocking.

So as someone else on here said, just cos its a bodyshop repairing it doesnt mean its going to be better than a private person could do.