Ground Clearance...

rogerxp

Do you guys actually have any???

I'm constantly grinding the front end on the dark stuff. Sleeping policeman/dips in the road/my driveway every freakin day :scare: . I'm really having to slow to a snails pace whenever I see a 'reasonably sized' road bump or a steep driveway. Never had it this bad in any previous car; it's frankly ridiculous...

Is this normal???

Just standard!

Honestly, it's stupid, it's just the black flappy bits that drop down lower than the bumper, one day they're just going to ping off :wacko: .

Extra weight of a roadster??? You'd think it's be the back-end being effected more if this was a consideration.

Don't worry about it - quite normal. As you will have seen the 'splash guards' which are supposedly there for aerodynamic reasons, are quite flexible and I often find on adverse camber corners they will catch the surface. No lasting damage so all's OK :thumbs:

Yes I have caught the black front lip where it drops lower each side on some of the more aggressive humps on a few occasions :dry: but a little work with a file and emery paper soon sorts out any scuffing on that more rigid piece. ;)

Thanks guys. I knew no lasting damaged was being caused, and yes, it does sounds bad (and embarrassing). Good to know at least others have the same problem.

I already go over speed humps on an angle, especially if they look big ones, but reducing speed seems the only fail-safe (I suppose that's what they're there for :lol: )

Are you guys lowered though.... Im on 19" wheels which probably raised the height ever so slightly and take humps, bumps whatever at reasonable speed, sometimes too fast and no touching or scrapping at all. I just dont see how it is possible.... :wacko:

Are you guys lowered though.... Im on 19" wheels which probably raised the height ever so slightly and take humps, bumps whatever at reasonable speed, sometimes too fast and no touching or scrapping at all. I just dont see how it is possible.... :wacko:

Your sig says you have a 350z - you do realise we are talking about the 370z?

Mine scrapes now and again, but no biggie, the deflectors are designed to do that.

Mine scrapes now and again, but no biggie, the deflectors are designed to do that.

:lol: I guess the 370z sits lower to the ground then!

Well it has these little wind deflectors in the centre of the bumper (like the 350z has) but also ones just infront of the front wheels. These are a little low for this country and tend to catch a bit. Nowt to worry about but a bit worrying when you first hear the scrape :scare:

:lol: I guess the 370z sits lower to the ground then!

I wonder about that. Over this end of the world, not that it has particular relevance to Pomlanders, 350 came stock at 108mm, 370 is 115 ride height. Guessing UK would be similar.