How to - Remove front bumper

slimjim

DSC_3164_zpsbed2c1a6.jpg

071.jpg

Thats ditching the one side though, for what your planning just trace the hose off the washers & recirc it into the bottle of just block it off.

I can't remember fully, its been ages since I worked on a Z :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Free bump, you do have to remove THRee bolts inside the wheel arch. Two are a corse thread self tapping screw type screw, and the other one holds that metal bracket on, thats a normal bolt. That bracket you showed is normal this bracket...

25.jpg

27.jpg

It has two plastic clips securing it to the bumper as you can vaguely see in the pictures, but one proper screw that holds it inside the wheel arch liner. Did mine today and used this guide thank you :).

If your bumper doesn't have the two clips holding the bracket to it then you will only need to remove two screws, the below picture taken from another guide on here shows the two clips missing, so when you undo the normal two bolts the bracket stays attached to the car. If your bracket is secured to the bumper like in this guide then you will need to remove the extra screw and the bracket will stay attached to the bumper :). Hope that clears it up a little for any future readers.

9.jpg

The plastic clips that attach the bracket to the bumper are supposed to be there, and the part number for these clips ( if you're missing them) is 01553-01A50

Edited by modd1uk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't see any of the pictures on the first page, can a moderator sort this or is this a browser issue?

All showing here, on Firefox, if you're using IE, ditch it or at very least clear your cache and browsing history.

Chrome and Firefox aren't showing the pics for me, I've cleared cache and history on both browsers.

Firefox is saying 'posted image' and it allows me to click it, but doesn't let me view the image.

Chrome just shows nothing at all :surrender:

Yeah not a browser issue.

For the sake of testing though, they don't load in IE, Chrome, Firefox or on an Android tablet also running Chrome and Firefox.

Looks like whatever account 'slimjim' uploaded these pics to has since expired, been moved or deleted on his photobucket etc. Guide was made just over 4 years ago.

-Just also checked his progress thread amongst other posts, all his image links are dead.

New pics needed :thumbs:

Edited by blaqkaudio