decat info

evilscorp

Hi guys was looking into getting decats but whats the deal with the engine light i.e. lambda sensors can you reset the ecu so the light goes away? when uprev is done can they stop it from happening etc? would change them back every year for MOT can this mess up the car?

1) You can reset the light but it will come back on after a while - You can buy non foulers for them to stop the light, but even with them fitted it still came on.

B) Uprev will stop the light coming on.

3) No

:thumbs:

You need something to lift the O2 sensors out of the gas flow partially, whether that's something that comes built in with the decats or something you add yourself is up to you. You will definitely need to replace them for the MOT unless you know a friendly tester.

AFAIK there is nothing Uprev can do about this.

Does it just disable the light for when the code would be for a faulty cat/s, or does it disable it full stop?

I am led to believe that it is only disabled for the rear sensors or cat issues, however Mark will be able to clerify. :thumbs:

Does it just disable the light for when the code would be for a faulty cat/s, or does it disable it full stop?

I am led to believe that it is only disabled for the rear sensors or cat issues, however Mark will be able to clerify. :thumbs:

+1 - just disables those sensors, CEL will still come on if there are other problems. Not sure how they do it in the software, but the easiest way for them would just to allow the range of values before CEL to be very wide. That way they arent changing a whole load of code/logic, just letting that sensor be any value without throwing the CEL.