Back up your laptops today...

coldel

Apart from using I-Drive (and Mozy) I've got a couple of USB Network drives, got a 2TB one for about £100 a while ago, can also be used as an ordinary USB drive. I also have an Iomega 1TB Network drive which is simple to access through the internet. Kinda Paranoid about my data having had a catastrophic data loss in the 90's.

Pete

i was thinking of getting an internal and using an adapter thing to make it an external as it is possibly cheaper??? i want to attach it to the router as it has a usb connection for external storage.

For just backing up purposes, you could get a Sharkoon QuickPort

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/sharkoon ... 5-for-usb3

And then store the harddrives themselves.

I use a NAS box running RAID 1 (mirroring) for all my stuff, basically with mirroring if 1 HDD fails you have an exact copy on the other drive. As long as you swap the failed HDD with a new one before the other drive fails they'll sync up so you have 2 copies again. I also run a media server on the box so I can stream music without needing to have a PC turned on and can login to it from my mobile to get it to download music I hear about while on the move. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if suggested before - but may I suggest you use dropbox?

http://www.dropbox.com

You get 2.5 GB free (which is bugger all I know) but then if you invite every friend you get up to 10GB free (or subscribe to get 50GB or 100GB)

Enough for you pics and vital stuff

If you decide to go the dropbox route, please use this link: CLICK - you and I will get additional free space.

Once you are signed up, do what I just did above a few times and your free space quickly grows - I'm up to 5GB now. :thumbs: